Is it worth it?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Is it worth it?

Post by Storyteller »

Stay strong sonic y>:D<

Trust in God.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

Sonic, doubts are inevitable. Had this conversation with a good friend only a short while ago. John the Baptist, from the very mouth of Jesus, was the greatest man ever born of woman and he had his... even though...

⦁ met Jesus the 1st time while in the womb of his mother Elizabeth ... and leapt out of love at the introduction
⦁ met Jesus again at the Jordan river, knew before he baptized him He was the Son of God, saw the dove from the Father descend on Jesus
⦁ Even said at the baptism " It is You who should be baptizing me !"
⦁ yet on his death night, sent two of his disciples to ask Jesus if He was the One ?
⦁ See, doubts aren't wrong, they're just doubts. Everyone feels this way. It's the devil's way of saying..." I have my eye on you", and if he does, that's good, then your heading in the
right direction, cause he lets those who don't care about Jesus on their happy little ways... right in to perdition.
I don't know what RickD's advise was, but I can tell you most in here without even knowing would consider it good... mine is to pray and be strong in Jesus. Listen to your heart.

Really glad your here... we need the youth to balance out the FL's of our world. y:-? :ewink: :ebiggrin:
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
supersonicthehedgehog
Acquainted Member

Post by supersonicthehedgehog »

Thanks
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

EssentialSacrifice wrote:
Really glad your here... we need the youth to balance out the FL's of our world. y:-? :ewink: :ebiggrin:
That probably went right over Sonic's head. Especially since Ricardo has that I :heart: FL avatar which must be confusing to many here.

FL :wheelchair:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

That probably went right over Sonic's head. Especially since Ricardo has that I :heart: FL avatar which must be confusing to many here.
Yeah, you're absolutely right, he'll need to stick around to get it all straightened out ... Hope he does...

and, well, truth is, it was more for us anyway ...Image ES
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine
IceMobster
Christian: No

Post by IceMobster »

RickD wrote:
supersonicthehedgehog wrote:
RickD wrote:
supersonicthehedgehog wrote:
Sonic,
Do you simply believe God exists? Or do you actually have a saving faith in Jesus Christ?
I believe that Jesus is God and that he died for my sins.
And you believe that trusting in what Christ did, is why you are saved?

Be patient. These questions are leading to my point. :D
Of course I do! :D
Great! Now read my pm I sent you. :D
Oh, come on. Why did you PM him. :D
Others would like to read what you have to say, as well...
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!