Why can`t I hear God?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Why can`t I hear God?

Post by Nessa »

And God moving away does not takeaway his perfection
thesign
Established Member
Sex: Male

Post by thesign »

IceMobster wrote:What does this have to do with anything?
That is with respect to the original post.
sincerely,
St. Elijah (cf. §784, Catholic Catechism),
St. John the Baptist (cf. §785, Catholic Catechism),
Edward Palamar (cf. §786, Catholic Catechism)
Petrus Romanus (Peter the Roman, cf. St. Malachy Prophecy)
the sign of the Son of Man in Heaven (Matt. 24:30)
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

thesign wrote:
IceMobster wrote:What does this have to do with anything?
That is with respect to the original post.
And with respect, I don`t understand your posts @thesign. I doubt very much that a few trolls on the internet would prevent me from hearing God. As it turns out, it wasn`t that I didn`t hear God, it`s more that I wasn`t really listening.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
thesign
Established Member

Post by thesign »

Storyteller wrote:And with respect, I don`t understand your posts @thesign. I doubt very much that a few trolls on the internet would prevent me from hearing God. As it turns out, it wasn`t that I didn`t hear God, it`s more that I wasn`t really listening.
They are far worse than trolls.

Such distractions affect our senses.
sincerely,
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

thesign wrote:
Storyteller wrote:And with respect, I don`t understand your posts @thesign. I doubt very much that a few trolls on the internet would prevent me from hearing God. As it turns out, it wasn`t that I didn`t hear God, it`s more that I wasn`t really listening.
They are far worse than trolls.

Such distractions affect our senses.
They didn`t distract mine, well at least not until you pointed them out. y[-(
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
thesign
Established Member

Post by thesign »

Storyteller wrote:They didn`t distract mine, well at least not until you pointed them out.
Then consider yourself fortunate.
sincerely,
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

thesign wrote:
Storyteller wrote:They didn`t distract mine, well at least not until you pointed them out.
Then consider yourself fortunate.
I do, every single day.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

A few pages back- there was a comment about versions of the Bible. There Are those who are die-hard KJV. I started out life on KJV there were two colors of covers available. Black or dark navy Blue. Then discovered what is now known as the old NIV and that opened up the Old Testament better. Then came the NKJV and I've been going back and forth from those two ever since.

And, yes, Do read the Gospels / Pauline Epistles / wonderful. The book of Genesis is about our beginnings. So, that is Also important. Lots of people read a chapter or so from both Old Testament and New Testament. And then the Psalms / Proverbs. A good mixture.

Sometimes the problems is that we don't like God is trying to tell us. We'd rather live by Our own boundaries rather than listen to God's.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

We cant hear God cos he's too busy talking to someone else :P
Males cant multitask :lol:
thesign
Established Member

Post by thesign »

crochet1949 wrote:A few pages back- there was a comment about versions of the Bible. There Are those who are die-hard KJV. I started out life on KJV there were two colors of covers available. Black or dark navy Blue. Then discovered what is now known as the old NIV and that opened up the Old Testament better. Then came the NKJV and I've been going back and forth from those two ever since.

And, yes, Do read the Gospels / Pauline Epistles / wonderful. The book of Genesis is about our beginnings. So, that is Also important. Lots of people read a chapter or so from both Old Testament and New Testament. And then the Psalms / Proverbs. A good mixture.

Sometimes the problems is that we don't like God is trying to tell us. We'd rather live by Our own boundaries rather than listen to God's.
Of the versions you cite, all are involved with international conspiracy, at least with regard to Daniel 11:20 and Daniel 11:21.

The only two I have ever seen that have those two verses correct are the Wycliffe and the Douay-Rheims.
sincerely,
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Here's a question for those who have felt God ministering to them. Have you ever felt such in the most inappropriate place, like while on the toilet or in the shower?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:Here's a question for those who have felt God ministering to them. Have you ever felt such in the most inappropriate place, like while on the toilet or in the shower?
It would appear that Nessa Kurieuo was more bored today than usual. :roll:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Kurieuo wrote:Here's a question for those who have felt God ministering to them. Have you ever felt such in the most inappropriate place, like while on the toilet or in the shower?
Haha yep.

When I'm showering, it's such a cleansing (duh), private moment. My thoughts are really clear and I spend a lot of time connecting with God in the shower. The fact the I'm naked is pretty irrelevant, the only significance being that it just feels like being bared before the Lord. He doesn't care that I have my birthday suit on. There is something about the significance of water, and cleansing and being totally in the moment that has led me to some of my most intimate moments with God.
And Maybe the fact it's the very rare times I have privacy and my own time.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Nessa wrote:We cant hear God cos he's too busy talking to someone else :P
Males cant multitask :lol:
Is God male?
I always assumed if He did actually have any kind of gender, He is male. I mean Our Father kinda suggests that doesn't it? But really, really thinking about it, does God have a gender? See, I don't think He has, He is existence itself. But then Christ was a man, I wonder why? Why the Son of God, not the Daughter?
Seriously, I think God transcends gender but its an interesting thing.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

melanie wrote:
Haha yep.

When I'm showering, it's such a cleansing (duh), private moment. My thoughts are really clear and I spend a lot of time connecting with God in the shower. The fact the I'm naked is pretty irrelevant, the only significance being that it just feels like being bared before the Lord. He doesn't care that I have my birthday suit on. There is something about the significance of water, and cleansing and being totally in the moment that has led me to some of my most intimate moments with God.
And Maybe the fact it's the very rare times I have privacy and my own time.
Bath for me.
Warm, alone, relaxed.