Why can`t I hear God?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Re: Why can`t I hear God?

Post by melanie »

Exactly.
Time alone to reflect.

I think it's a condition of the world we live in.....
Ohh naked, alone ect
But the when we really connect with God, we are usually naked literally and/or metaphorically bare and alone.
Stripped back,
In some much beauty and failure.
It's not the action so much but our ability or inability to expose ourselves.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

Absolutely.

I think it's hard sometimes to be that vulnerable in front of God.
To really go "Okay, this is me, in all of my sin, in all of my faith, with all my heart, all my faults, my needs, my insecurities, hopes, dreams and fears. I want you to love me. I need you to love me." Or is that just me?
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Not just you at all
That was the turning point for me...
I am stubborn
And headstrong
And a battler
I learnt so earlier in life I couldn't count on anyone but myself.
I was a lone sailor and I liked it that way.....
My strength was my identity
To let that go was so hard and I learnt the hard way
Once I gained the strength to be vulnerable it was like a floodgate opened
To open yourself, your hurt, your insecurities and be so openly hurt, and needing and vunerable was the opportunity for Jesus to steer the and fix my brokenness
It wasn't easy,
I'm stubborn
And I like to think I don't need anybody.
But I needed our Father, I needed to heal.
But I had to be willing to expose my scars.
It was hard, really hard but nobody is too broken to be put back together in Christ xo
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by Storyteller »

I just posted about this kinda thing on my thread.
xoxox
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

Referring to the post by
'thesign' -- how do the Daniel 11:20 and 21 verses read in the Wycliffe version?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

crochet1949 wrote:Referring to the post by
'thesign' -- how do the Daniel 11:20 and 21 verses read in the Wycliffe version?
Daniel 11:20-21 Wycliffe:
20And the vilest and (most) unworthy to the king’s honour shall stand in the place of him, and in few days he shall be all-broken, not in strong vengeance, neither in battle (but not openly, nor in battle). 21And a despised man shall stand in the place of him, and the honour of a king shall not be given to him; and he shall come privily, and he shall get the realm by guile (but he shall come privately, or furtively, and he shall get the kingdom by deceit, or by trickery).
http://biblehub.com/wycliffe/daniel/11.htm
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote:Here's a question for those who have felt God ministering to them. Have you ever felt such in the most inappropriate place, like while on the toilet or in the shower?
I can't take my phone into the shower with me....so He pretty much has a captive audience :P
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Never once heard God warn me I'm about to drop the soap or to not step into the shower cos Ive forgotten to bring a towel in with me...yet again :roll: *

*really hope phil noticed I used the eye rolling smiley y:D
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Nessa wrote:Never once heard God warn me I'm about to drop the soap or to not step into the shower cos Ive forgotten to bring a towel in with me...yet again :roll: *

That's always me! Kids take up all the towel racks, so I hang mine in the bedroom.

Then I forget, and sometimes no one is around for me to ask. So run starkers to the bedroom.

It's alright if family, except that my mother-in-laws stays over. So then you just got to time your run and hope for the best. ;)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

melanie wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:Here's a question for those who have felt God ministering to them. Have you ever felt such in the most inappropriate place, like while on the toilet or in the shower?
Haha yep.

When I'm showering, it's such a cleansing (duh), private moment. My thoughts are really clear and I spend a lot of time connecting with God in the shower. The fact the I'm naked is pretty irrelevant, the only significance being that it just feels like being bared before the Lord. He doesn't care that I have my birthday suit on. There is something about the significance of water, and cleansing and being totally in the moment that has led me to some of my most intimate moments with God.
And Maybe the fact it's the very rare times I have privacy and my own time.
I'd always feel God in the shower as a kid.
Sometimes the toilet is where my best insights come from.
Or I have a heart-to-heart with God and just get it all out. ;) :P
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote:
Nessa wrote:Never once heard God warn me I'm about to drop the soap or to not step into the shower cos Ive forgotten to bring a towel in with me...yet again :roll: *

That's always me! Kids take up all the towel racks, so I hang mine in the bedroom.

Then I forget, and sometimes no one is around for me to ask. So run starkers to the bedroom.

It's alright if family, except that my mother-in-laws stays over. So then you just got to time your run and hope for the best. ;)
:lol:

The problem with our towel cupboard is that it is right opposite the front door :shock:
The kids tend to leave doors open....

I will risk the mother in law anyday :P

Tho you have less to hide...
Err....that is women have more private areas to conceal :yes:
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote:
melanie wrote:
Haha yep.

When I'm showering, it's such a cleansing (duh), private moment. My thoughts are really clear and I spend a lot of time connecting with God in the shower. The fact the I'm naked is pretty irrelevant, the only significance being that it just feels like being bared before the Lord. He doesn't care that I have my birthday suit on. There is something about the significance of water, and cleansing and being totally in the moment that has led me to some of my most intimate moments with God.
And Maybe the fact it's the very rare times I have privacy and my own time.
I'd always feel God in the shower as a kid.
Sometimes the toilet is where my best insights come from.
Or I have a heart-to-heart with God and just get it all out. ;) :P
Authenticity is key...
God doesnt want us full of [poop] ;)
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

Thanks RickD. -- do You see a conspiracy theory in those verses. Actually there Is a difference in the last line of the 2nd verse.
But -- what does 'thesign' see as a conspiracy theory.

Just wondering.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

crochet1949 wrote:Thanks RickD. -- do You see a conspiracy theory in those verses. Actually there Is a difference in the last line of the 2nd verse.
But -- what does 'thesign' see as a conspiracy theory.

Just wondering.
umm...

How can I put this...

I'll let you see for yourself. Look back at some of thesign's posts. He believes he is reincarnated. He used to be the anti Christ. Or is the antichrist.

He thinks the world is going to end in May this year.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
thesign
Established Member

Post by thesign »

A few weeks ago after my DVD/CD reader/writer had been down for months, I went to the men's room where I was slowly reading across several days in my frequents there the Reader's Digest article about the Chilean mining disaster.

This time I just finished reading the article and everyone was saved, rescued from a perilous situation, inclusive to the DVD, because when I returned to the computer it was working fine again.

Not only that, when I called my better half to tell her as she was privy to the problems the DVD was 'giving' me, she, too, had just gotten off the toilet.

Crazy s**t, huh?

The whole episode was something of a sequel to a previous experience when her mother passed to the other side.

Her mother had basically been unconscious for several days.

I had gone to visit with her with another acquaintance and while I was reading the hospice pamphlet's poem about the ship going off into the distance, symbolizing death, she took her last breath.

I had a slight intuition while I was reading it that that would happen, and it surely did.

That mother who passed on is the mother of the daughter of the queen of the south foretold in Daniel 11:6.
sincerely,
St. Elijah (cf. §784, Catholic Catechism),
St. John the Baptist (cf. §785, Catholic Catechism),
Edward Palamar (cf. §786, Catholic Catechism)
Petrus Romanus (Peter the Roman, cf. St. Malachy Prophecy)
the sign of the Son of Man in Heaven (Matt. 24:30)