I am having a hard time with my atheist friend

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
neo-x
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: I am having a hard time with my atheist friend

Post by neo-x »

its alright. y>:D< things will work out, you can't bring her to God by saying more words. plant the seed, which you have, let HS do his work.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

MCF wrote:Oops I stated I have mental issues twice! '~'
It's ok we all have mental issues. ;)
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

MCF wrote:A lot has happened....One day she just said she felt like God was watching her and she didn't want to disappoint him. She asked if I thought she ought to convert. I said she certainly should think about it. I feel deeply guilty. I should've advocated the gospel more. I feel like....what if that was the o my chance she ever had at coming to Jesus and I ruined it? Also, she tried to kill herself, and only decided not to after I begged to her.

Apart from that, I'm having my own issues. I have bipolar and borderline personality disorder. Both are so severe that it's becoming apparent that I will never be able to have a normal life. It's very, very hard to cope with and it affects my relationships. (Particularly with the aforementioned friend)
I am offering you my talking to her. Tell her it is not worth to kill oneself. I know what I am talking about. She may now go through such a suffering one is to bear only hardly, but sun will rise again.

Pm me any time.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Domenic
Established Member

Post by Domenic »

MCF,
God says he blinds the eyes of the unbeliever. Those who do not believe, God does not let them understand the truth. Jesus said there are only two types of people, Wheat, and Tares. The Tares are the unbelievers. We are to seek out the Wheat, not the Tares. You can not change a Tare...you can not un-do what God has done.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Domenic wrote:MCF,
God says he blinds the eyes of the unbeliever. Those who do not believe, God does not let them understand the truth. Jesus said there are only two types of people, Wheat, and Tares. The Tares are the unbelievers. We are to seek out the Wheat, not the Tares. You can not change a Tare...you can not un-do what God has done.
Before I was unbeliever. Now I am believer.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

1over137 wrote:
Domenic wrote:MCF,
Before I was unbeliever. Now I am believer.
You must have Celiacs? ;)
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
albi87
Newbie Member
Christian: No

Post by albi87 »

Ech, I know that problem. My girlfriend is atheist. I don't know if we will be together. She don't want a wedding in church and another things which are similiar God. But... sometimes I give her some books about my religion. When she was so young she was a Christian. And books shows her past. Maybe she return to this. I hope that...
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

albi87 wrote:Ech, I know that problem. My girlfriend is atheist. I don't know if we will be together. She don't want a wedding in church and another things which are similiar God. But... sometimes I give her some books about my religion. When she was so young she was a Christian. And books shows her past. Maybe she return to this. I hope that...
Invite her here. :wave:

#foreverinmyheart