3 religons

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
WannaLearn
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

3 religons

Post by WannaLearn »

How do you knock down the religions to only 3. Judaism, islam, and Christianity.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: 3 religons

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Biblical Judaism* is the beginning, Christianity is its completion. Islam is of the Evil One.

I count two.

FL :D

*Rabbinical Judaism is a human perversion of the Original..
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
WannaLearn
Established Member

Post by WannaLearn »

Thats great now how did you narrow it down to that?
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

WannaLearn wrote:Thats great now how did you narrow it down to that?
By Intuition, which comes from Knowledge, which increases with Age, which confers Experience.

This spells IKEA. You can get anything at IKEA.

FL y:D
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
By Intuition, which comes from Knowledge, which increases with Age, which confers Experience.

Actually, that spells IKAE. Ulness you'er dylsexic. :lol:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote: Actually, that spells IKAE. Ulness you'er dylsexic. :lol:
Oh...yeah...what can I say? English is my second language? Pleeze..I no can to tokk Hinglish verry gude.

Please read: Intuition+Knowledge+Experience+Age. THAT spells IKEA!

FL :mrgreen:

+ + +

+ + +
Lonewolf
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Lonewolf »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:

the devils is wiser because of his age, rather than from just being the devil y>:)
Your outward profession of having put on Christ, has as yet to put off Plato from your heart!
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

WannaLearn wrote:How do you knock down the religions to only 3. Judaism, islam, and Christianity.
You don't, there are many religions other than those 3.
Those are the Abrahmaic religions ( from Abraham).
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

PaulSacramento wrote:
WannaLearn wrote:How do you knock down the religions to only 3. Judaism, islam, and Christianity.
You don't, there are many religions other than those 3.
Those are the Abrahmaic religions ( from Abraham).
The Canadian from Ontario is correct. Since a religion is a formalized and/or an institutionalized way of worshipping a deity, and there are a variety of religions (denominations, in other words) that worship a same deity*, it would be more correct to ask your question as such:

How do you knock down faiths to just two choices.

The Bible is clear: there are those who believe God and those who believe a lie. So, there are only two faiths: you either believe God or you don't. Beautifully simple, isn't it?!

FL :D

*Reform, Orthodox, Conservative are the major divisions within Judaism. There are 60+ religions within Islam; since this faith is in the news a lot, can you name two religions within Islam which are at war with each other? Can you name the three major divisions within Christianity?

+ + +

+ + +
Lonewolf
Valued Member

Post by Lonewolf »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote: *Reform, Orthodox, Conservative are the major divisions within Judaism. There are 60+ religions within Islam; since this faith is in the news a lot, can you name two religions within Islam which are at war with each other? Can you name the three major divisions within Christianity?
let me give it a shot, for islam ~> it is the sunnis and the shia who are going at it all the time., and for xtianity, i would say roman catholicism, eastern orthodox and evangelical christianity / protestants, right? for the remants of the hebrews, i believe there's like 3 more branches of it that have some numbers., one of them is basically secular and liberal, if not outright atheist, no?
Your outward profession of having put on Christ, has as yet to put off Plato from your heart!
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

There are only 3 major divisions in Christianity ( not really divisions per say):
Roman Catholics
Protestants
Orthodox

The various denominations are off-shoots of the above ( Evangelicals, Presbyterians, Anglicans, Lutherans, Calvinists, Methodists, etc, etc are branches of the Protestant reform movement).

Then there are the many "unorthodox" denominations that are arguably Christian BUT do NOT hold to the core orthodox Christian doctrines, like the JW's, Unitarians, Christadelphians, etc, etc...
WannaLearn
Established Member

Post by WannaLearn »

Ok lets say im not a christian how do I even know where to start with what religions I might even consider to be the correct one?
Lonewolf
Valued Member

Post by Lonewolf »

WannaLearn wrote:Ok lets say im not a christian how do I even know where to start with what religions I might even consider to be the correct one?
:yoyo: start with ~> Zoroastrianism :wink: , and then move your way up the ladder., when you get to Christianity, STOP! y=; do not proceed to gnosticism, marcionism or none of those deviated sects y[-X y)>-
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

WannaLearn wrote:Ok lets say im not a christian how do I even know where to start with what religions I might even consider to be the correct one?
OK...start by building a totem pole and dance around it while chanting OOO-ooo-OOO-ooo-OOO-ooo...

FL :sleep:

+ + +

+ + +
WannaLearn
Established Member

Post by WannaLearn »

Ok will do