Anyone had any healings lately?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
ChristianScientistAnn
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Anyone had any healings lately?

Post by ChristianScientistAnn »

B.W., It is good to hear your report of having "seen more people set free and broken hearts mended as Isa 61:1-4 speaks of" and I’m also grateful you mentioned the aortic aneurysm healing. Ann
Danieltwotwenty, The spiritual growth that comes from leaning entirely on our all-loving omnipotent Deity for healing problems, is indescribably meaningful to me. It is a holy, safe, and practical thing to have the remedy at hand rather than rely on a pill or an appointment etc. To heal a problem through God and scientific prayer is a more advanced mode than medicine, not less advanced, and it’s free, and available to anyone! There are no bad side effects. Ann
FL, Thanks for tipping your hat in my direction, even though I know your views are different than mine. I hope to pass your kindness forward. Ann
Phillipthecurious, Jesus healed without medicine, or doctors and you could learn to do it too. The proof of present healing in our times is mountainous. See for yourself if you are curious… Ann
Neo-x, Thanks. Ann
1/137, I like your definition of healing: not positive thinking. Ann
To all,
Jesus taught others to heal as he did. In Luke 10, seventy healers were taught and then sent to other cities with instructions, which they successfully carried out. Here are the instructions:
Luke 10:9 And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
Instructions to his disciples:
Matthew 10: 8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, feely give.
Ann
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Phillipthecurious, Jesus healed without medicine, or doctors and you could learn to do it too. The proof of present healing in our times is mountainous. See for yourself if you are curious… Ann
And, ALSO, there are vast millions whom God does NOT see fit to heal. And ALL people - including Christian Scientists - get both sick, remain sick and sometimes die (and ALL eventually die), at the VERY SAME rates. So while people do indeed get well without medical care and God certainly still heals people, He NEVER promised to heal everyone and Scripture does not teach to avoid or not utilize doctors and medicines. And while your CS beliefs deny that Jesus was God Incarnate, that He did not die, there is no evil or a devil, your beliefs about healing are not Scripturally supported.

Illness and death are a CONSTANT reality of life - but CS appears to deny this. And please tell me you are not advocating people not seek medical care or immunizations. If I had listened to such CS teachings, 20 years ago, when I contracted severe, late-stage Lyme Disease - after nightmarish months of praying for deliverance from what was a total mystery, I would never have lived to see my next birthday. Was that nightmare just an illusion?!!! If so, it was an illusion that might well have killed me, except for modern medicines and a couple of very good doctors - which the Lord no doubt pointed me to. And again, just two years ago, I saw a Christian Scientist ravaged in horrible pain as he would not take pain medication for a freshly broken hip. That man died in great anguish and physical torment - WHY? - because he had bought into CS nonsense!
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

ChristianScientistAnn wrote:B.W., It is good to hear your report of having "seen more people set free and broken hearts mended as Isa 61:1-4 speaks of" and I’m also grateful you mentioned the aortic aneurysm healing.

Danieltwotwenty, The spiritual growth that comes from leaning entirely on our all-loving omnipotent Deity for healing problems, is indescribably meaningful to me. It is a holy, safe, and practical thing to have the remedy at hand rather than rely on a pill or an appointment etc. To heal a problem through God and scientific prayer is a more advanced mode than medicine, not less advanced, and it’s free, and available to anyone! There are no bad side effects.

Ann
God heals according to his sovereign will, not through the agency of metaphysical science. There is no denying symptoms involved, no faith in faith to bring healing about, no repeating of words involved either. God is sovereign and knows best, in that we trust. Manipulating God from good intentions is still sin. Return to the true Lord of Host and away from those things that turn him into something else, a force, a toy, a charm...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
ChristianScientistAnn
Recognized Member

Philip,

You said that you " saw a Christian Scientist ravaged in horrible pain as he would not take pain medication" I cannot judge what I am not a witness to, but it sounds really terrible. Here is a quote from Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, by Mary Baker Eddy (1821 - 1910), the Discoverer and Founder of Christian Science. This quote guides all Christian Scientists in what to do in cases of severe pain, but it is up to each individual to make their own decision: "If from an injury or from any cause, a Christian Scientist were seized with pain so violent that he could not treat himself mentally, - and the Scientists had failed to relieve him, - the sufferer could call a surgeon, who would give him a hypodermic injection, then, when the belief of pain was lulled, he could handle his own case mentally. Thus it is that we "prove all things; [and ] hold fast that which is good." page 464 (When it refers to Scientists, it means Christian Scientists.) I've never needed to get an injection for pain nor has anyone in my family and I don't know of any person who has directly, but it is needed sometimes I'm sure, and I'm thankful for the provision.

I'm grateful for the work of doctors around the world. Some doctors have become Christian Scientists. I read a healing of Lyme Disease in our Christian Science periodicals last year. Sometimes a doctor will tell a patient that there is nothing more they can do for the patient, but that the patient should try Christian Science! Sometimes they give the patient a copy of the book I mentioned in the last paragraph. Just reading this book has healed people. Just reading it! It changes the person's thinking and they are healed.

I'm really grateful to live in a country where I can practice my religion freely. Christian Scientist were sent to concentration camps in Nazi Germany. I'm glad each person is free to choose a religion in our country. God loves and guides us all.

Ann
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

This quote guides all Christian Scientists in what to do in cases of severe pain, but it is up to each individual to make their own decision: "If from an injury or from any cause, a Christian Scientist were seized with pain so violent that he could not treat himself mentally and the Scientists had failed to relieve him, - the sufferer could call a surgeon, who would give him a hypodermic injection, then, when the belief of pain was lulled, he could handle his own case mentally.,
Ann, let me get this straight, CS teaches that one must suffer until he FIRST discerns that CS could not help him, and THEN he is allowed to seek a pain injection? Do you not understand that small pains ignored lead to BIG pains? So in CS teachings, it is a person's MIND that heals them, not God, but some CS brain-empowered method? The plain truth is that CS discourages utilizing traditional medicines and doctors until a situation is dire. That's dangerous, foolish and unBiblical. But as Mary Baker Eddy says it, you consider it as if God Himself said it?
I'm really grateful to live in a country where I can practice my religion freely. Christian Scientist were sent to concentration camps in Nazi Germany. I'm glad each person is free to choose a religion in our country. God loves and guides us all.
Ann, nice dodge, but it has nothing to do with what has been asked of you, but you refuse to answer specific questions about CS and it's false, Bible-contradiction teachings about Who Jesus was. Yes, God loves all - but He also died for all and will NOT accept those who do not embrace that as truth - that God became man in Jesus, was crucified, was Resurrected. Just acknowledge that you don't believe these and that CS contradicts what the Bible says. Yes, you are totally free to believe as you do - NO one wants to deny you that. And God made you free to either reject or embrace Jesus as God/Saviour/Redeemer. But you have a HUGE amount of faith in someone (Eddy) that has not warranted it - as she has produced no evidence that she is worthy of belief in what she says. Compare Eddy to those God sent in the Bible.
ChristianScientistAnn
Recognized Member

Philip, You are not interested in finding out about Christian Science and I'm not interested in explaining it to someone who isn't interested. As for me, I am not interested in changing my beliefs at all. They make sense to me. Also, they bring demonstrations of God's goodness in my life, so I'm satisfied. Ann

Back to the purpose of this thread...

Here's a healing from twenty years ago. On the third day of being in bed with the flu, I read chapters in the book of Isaiah from the Bible. I think it was chapters 45, 46, 47. I remember the light and inspiration and joy those chapters brought, and the sudden change to complete health. I resumed caring for our two children. God is good.

Ann
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

ChristianScientistAnn wrote:
Here's a healing from twenty years ago. On the third day of being in bed with the flu, I read chapters in the book of Isaiah from the Bible. I think it was chapters 45, 46, 47. I remember the light and inspiration and joy those chapters brought, and the sudden change to complete health. I resumed caring for our two children. God is good.

Ann
From netdoctor.co.uk
"Influenza is a viral disease that usually strikes between October and May.
It lasts from three to five days and can be followed by fatigue for two or three weeks. It usually causes aching muscles and joints, headaches, cough and fever with a temperature of between 38o and 40oC."

So, it lasts from three to five days.

But reading Bible is a relaxing thing. For me it is.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
ChristianScientistAnn
Recognized Member

Thanks, 1over137. I will try to be more careful. I never get medical diagnoses so I wouldn't know. Maybe it wasn't flu! I cannot remember the symptoms at this point since it was 20 years ago. I just remember the freedom and gratitude and joy and inspiration.
Have to go to church right now for an hour, but the proof of the power of Truth to heal is growing. God heals without medicine, but simply taking medicine away and doctors away does not produce healing at all. Something has to be put in its place. The law of God's goodness is the power that is ever available to all.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

1over137 wrote:
ChristianScientistAnn wrote:

Ann
From netdoctor.co.uk
"Influenza is a viral disease that usually strikes between October and May.
It lasts from three to five days and can be followed by fatigue for two or three weeks. It usually causes aching muscles and joints, headaches, cough and fever with a temperature of between 38o and 40oC."

So, it lasts from three to five days.

But reading Bible is a relaxing thing. For me it is.
So Hana,

Are you suggesting that it may not have been a healing? Maybe the virus had taken its course at the same time Ann was reading scripture?
And maybe things that we may think are healings, could sometimes just have a natural explanation?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Yes, Rick. I was pointing there. Or, is every healing a miracle?
Why are you asking?

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

1over137 wrote:Yes, Rick. I was pointing there. Or, is every healing a miracle?
Why are you asking?
It just looked like you were seeing the same thing I was seeing. I think many things people think are miraculous, have natural explanations(I'm certainly not saying miraculous physical healings don't happen though).
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

RickD wrote:
1over137 wrote:Yes, Rick. I was pointing there. Or, is every healing a miracle?
Why are you asking?
It just looked like you were seeing the same thing I was seeing. I think many things people think are miraculous, have natural explanations(I'm certainly not saying miraculous physical healings don't happen though).
I agree with you.

#foreverinmyheart
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

I think its dangerous to read the bible to get healing out of it. This is a very non-biblical way.
I never get medical diagnoses so I wouldn't know
That is quite sad.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
ChristianScientistAnn
Recognized Member

Now I'll mention some healings from my family:
Arthritis, Asthma; bee sting; blood poisoning in leg and then, with prayer, a needle that no one knew was in the foot, came out on its own!; Coughs (ordinary, and chronic); mild depression; Eczema;...
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

I was healed from not only mild depression 2 years ago when I became Christian :)

#foreverinmyheart