Anyone had any healings lately?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
ChristianScientistAnn
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Anyone had any healings lately?

Post by ChristianScientistAnn »

Nope! Not biting the fishing hooks, B.W., Philip and anyone else. You are wasting your time with me. :sleep: I love Christian Science.
But, I'll tell anyone who is interested about more healings...Heard a CS healing about carbon monoxide poisoning last week. And today I read about a person working in cancer research, from a family of medical doctors, who became a Christian Science practitioner!
I may need to graciously withdraw from this thread if there is no interest in healing.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

ChristianScientistAnn wrote:Nope! Not biting the fishing hooks, B.W., Philip and anyone else. You are wasting your time with me. :sleep: I love Christian Science.
But, I'll tell anyone who is interested about more healings...Heard a CS healing about carbon monoxide poisoning last week. And today I read about a person working in cancer research, from a family of medical doctors, who became a Christian Science practitioner!
I may need to graciously withdraw from this thread if there is no interest in healing.
Ann,
It is not only about you but also about expressing attitude toward CS so that other visitors know what is our attitude. It is kind of our responsibility.

I will now maybe open can of worms if I ask all here about what they think about healings in CS. True? Fake? Common grace? Illusion? What?
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

1over137 wrote:
ChristianScientistAnn wrote:Nope! Not biting the fishing hooks, B.W., Philip and anyone else. You are wasting your time with me. :sleep: I love Christian Science.
Ann,
It is not only about you but also about expressing attitude toward CS so that other visitors know what is our attitude. It is kind of our responsibility.

I will now maybe open can of worms if I ask all here about what they think about healings in CS. True? Fake? Common grace? Illusion? What?
God can heal whoever he wants, atheist, agnostic, deist, humanist, CS, if you ask you may actually receive.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

God can ofcourse heal anyone, healing isn't the problem and is not the main objection to CS, or so it seems from what I have been reading mostly. I think the problem is theology, e.g christ's role, Godhood, beliefs, practices etc. I mean Jesus only followers beleive Christ is all in all, while they accept the role of christ, they don't accept trinity. So one point of faith is not enough, the same way healing can happen in christain science, but that is only one point. How strong is it as a collective form of faith, inclusive of whatever it comprises of.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

We should acknowlegde something here. The reason Ann love CS, is obvious, she thinks it works, she believes it works and may have experienced it. Her faith in it is strong. In my opinion, it would be futile to convince someone otherwise of what they think, works. Poeple mostly beleive what they think is true, that goes for all, really. CS may be cult, but I doubt, theory alone will change her mind.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if

without.

1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

neo-x wrote:We should acknowlegde something here. The reason Ann love CS, is obvious, she thinks it works, she believes it works and may have experienced it. Her faith in it is strong. In my opinion, it would be futile to convince someone otherwise of what they think, works. Poeple mostly beleive what they think is true, that goes for all, really. CS may be cult, but I doubt, theory alone will change her mind.
They think that when they heal, they are on the right track. I was mostly interested if someone is not the Christ (as God too) follower, whether they can heal. What does the Bible say?

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
ChristianScientistAnn
Recognized Member

Post by ChristianScientistAnn »

You may have to define healing.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

ChristianScientistAnn wrote:You may have to define healing.
Let's start with this: healing that would otherwise be not caused by positive thinking.

#foreverinmyheart
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

The reason Ann love CS, is obvious, she thinks it works, she believes it works and may have experienced it.
So CS, for the most part, shuns medicines and doctors - which is clearly not Biblical. And many outside of Christian science have experienced "miraculous" recoveries as well as TRUE miracles. But as Christian Scientists get sick and also die at the very same rates as non-Christian Scientists - and many at very young ages - well, I'm missing the PROOF! It's bogus! In fact, without believing exactly WHO and WHAT Jesus and Scripture tells us He is, I'd say the very words "CHRISTIAN Science" is an oxymoron. They can call CS doctrine whatever they want, but the fact remains that their theological teachings are anything but Christian!
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Philip wrote:
The reason Ann love CS, is obvious, she thinks it works, she believes it works and may have experienced it.
So CS, for the most part, shuns medicines and doctors - which is clearly not Biblical. And many outside of Christian science have experienced "miraculous" recoveries as well as TRUE miracles. But as Christian Scientists get sick and also die at the very same rates as non-Christian Scientists - and many at very young ages - well, I'm missing the PROOF! It's bogus! In fact, without believing exactly WHO and WHAT Jesus and Scripture tells us He is, I'd say the very words "CHRISTIAN Science" is an oxymoron. They can call CS doctrine whatever they want, but the fact remains that their theological teachings are anything but Christian!
I agree Phillip, obviously ann doesn't.

without.

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

ChristianScientistAnn wrote:Daniel, Thanks for your question. I like depending entirely on God in every thing, because it hasn't failed me.
So do CS reject all modern technology like the Amish?
Do you use a mobile phone, computer, tablet, car etc...?

If you relied on God to take care of everything, then wouldn't you have to live like a hunter gatherer?

I'm just trying to understand the logic, on one hand you put full trust into God for healing but yet when you require food, transport, communication, shelter etc... you rely on human technology, it just seems a little contradictory to me? y:-/
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:So do CS reject all modern technology like the Amish?Do you use a mobile phone, computer, tablet, car etc...?
Ann is communicating by computer! I don't think she lights her home with oil lamps and cooks with cow manure.

Take a look at the Christian Science site in Boston, USA. the church is beautiful and the esplanade has a shallow pool that gives you the impression that those walking on the other side are walking on water. Maybe you can see this on GoogleEarth.

I've been to Boston several times and can attest to the architectural beauty of the CS site. Christian Scientists are no cousins to the Amish.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:So do CS reject all modern technology like the Amish?Do you use a mobile phone, computer, tablet, car etc...?
Ann is communicating by computer! I don't think she lights her home with oil lamps and cooks with cow manure.

Take a look at the Christian Science site in Boston, USA. the church is beautiful and the esplanade has a shallow pool that gives you the impression that those walking on the other side are walking on water. Maybe you can see this on GoogleEarth.

I've been to Boston several times and can attest to the architectural beauty of the CS site. Christian Scientists are no cousins to the Amish.

FL

Yes FL I realise that.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

No one is having you bite a hook, no, not at all. I am sharing why Romans 5 is special to me. Remember, I am not asking you to agree or disagree, just explaining why Romans 5 is special to me.

Have a nice day... :wave:

I'll add a few more verses on why Roman's 5 is special to me a bit later as I have some errands to run today just wanted to let folks know I have been a bit busy as of late praying / counseling folks. Seen more people set set free and broken hearts mended as Isa 61:1-4 speaks of... all by the sovereign will of Jesus.

:amen:
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

B. W. wrote:
No one is having you bite a hook, no, not at all. I am sharing why Romans 5 is special to me. Remember, I am not asking you to agree or disagree, just explaining why Romans 5 is special to me.

Have a nice day... :wave:

I'll add a few more verses on why Roman's 5 is special to me a bit later as I have some errands to run today just wanted to let folks know I have been a bit busy as of late praying / counseling folks. Seen more people set set free and broken hearts mended as Isa 61:1-4 speaks of... all by the sovereign will of Jesus.

Saw a few more healings all done by the sovereign will of Jesus, by his Grace alone. The best - the healing of the wounded soul bashed and devastated by life and the other - an aortic aneurysm... so the Lord does heal by his sovereign will and for his purposes alone. He does not heal based upon text, or rote, or the principles of christian science, but by his sovereign will which trumps our will. In that, is a great mystery which we submit.

Romans 5 helps explore how this great mystery began and the result Jesus resurrected into our lives. The amazing ability of the living person of the Holy Spirit glorifying Jesus is astounding. The Holy Spirit is God, not a text, not a force, not an idea but the living being of the Godhead who set's up shop in the heart of a believer whose work and role in our lives is well established in the bible alone.

-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys