does god deserve to be worshiped

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
MAGSolo
Valued Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male

does god deserve to be worshiped

Post by MAGSolo »

and if so, why
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: does god deserve to be worshiped

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Look at what the worship of your god has done to you. So, to answer your question, No! MAGSolo's god does not deserve to be worshipped.

FL y~o)
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

MAGSolo wrote:and if so, why
Are we to understand you've finally acknowledge His existence? Otherwise what possible purpose could you have for even contemplating such a silly question? (other than the obvious reasons that is).
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
MAGSolo
Valued Member

Post by MAGSolo »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:Look at what the worship of your god has done to you. So, to answer your question, No! MAGSolo's god does not deserve to be worshipped.

FL y~o)
what about your God, what has he done to make him worthy of worship? If you were trying to convince someone that your God deserved to be worshiped, what would you say? He came to Earth and suffered on the cross and died for our sins? Can you prove that any of that happened?
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

MAGSolo wrote: what about your God, what has he done to make him worthy of worship?
I appreciate that you have returned, snorider/MAGSolo. Please, try to post intelligent questions in the future. Is that too much to ask?

FL y:-/
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
MAGSolo
Valued Member

Post by MAGSolo »

Byblos wrote:
Are we to understand you've finally acknowledge His existence? Otherwise what possible purpose could you have for even contemplating such a silly question? (other than the obvious reasons that is).
Well ive always been open to the possibility that there is a God, my stance has just been that if he exists, he isnt a god that deserves to be worshipped.
MAGSolo
Valued Member

Post by MAGSolo »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
MAGSolo wrote: what about your God, what has he done to make him worthy of worship?
I appreciate that you have returned, snorider/MAGSolo. Please, try to post intelligent questions in the future. Is that too much to ask?

FL y:-/
It seems youre have a bit of trouble answering this one
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

I have meet someone who says if they are mistaken and it turns out God does exist then God deserves to be punched and they will gladly deliver the punch if they ever happen to meet God. And it really did seem to come from the heart.

I think it's one you've really got to make your own mind up on, what does God deserve and if it's not worship what is it? Love, respect, mocking, fear, devotion, honesty, good behaviour, a punch......you take your pick and place your bet.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

MAGSolo wrote:
Byblos wrote:
Well ive always been open to the possibility that there is a God, my stance has just been that if he exists, he isnt a god that deserves to be worshipped.
Why He does not deserve to be worshipped, Magsolo? Tell me your troubles if you wish.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Does God deserve to be worshiped?

Sounds like a presumptive question along the line of "Are you still beating your wife?"

Do you deserve to be God's judge? Why?
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
MAGSolo
Valued Member

Post by MAGSolo »

1over137 wrote:
MAGSolo wrote:
Byblos wrote:
Why He does not deserve to be worshipped, Magsolo? Tell me your troubles if you wish.
I believe that any God that has the power to prevent widespread evil and suffering and does not do so does not deserve to be praised or worshiped.
MAGSolo
Valued Member

Post by MAGSolo »

Canuckster1127 wrote:Does God deserve to be worshiped?

Sounds like a presumptive question along the line of "Are you still beating your wife?"

Do you deserve to be God's judge? Why?
Nothing says you cant answer a question like responding to it with another question
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

That must be why you didn't answer it.

Now, do you have anything of any seriousness or depth to say or is this sophomoric chatter all you have?

Please check the board purpose and discussion guidelines and if you find yourself unable to stick with them, then please move on. If you are able, then please stick with them and muster some common courtesy and respect and continue.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

MAGSolo wrote:
1over137 wrote:
MAGSolo wrote:
Byblos wrote:
I believe that any God that has the power to prevent widespread evil and suffering and does not do so does not deserve to be praised or worshiped.
Well, I want to ask you Magsolo, why He should prevent widespread evil and suffering (on this Earth)?
Feel free to send me private message.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
MAGSolo
Valued Member

Post by MAGSolo »

Canuckster1127 wrote:That must be why you didn't answer it.

Now, do you have anything of any seriousness or depth to say or is this sophomoric chatter all you have?

Please check the board purpose and discussion guidelines and if you find yourself unable to stick with them, then please move on. If you are able, then please stick with them and muster some common courtesy and respect and continue.
You are a poor steward for Christ my friend. You cant even answer a very simple, basic, and yet fundamental question regarding your beliefs. What light do you think that casts your beliefs in.