born out of wedlock, the bible says I can't go to heaven

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
educationreigns
Acquainted Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:37 am
Christian: Yes
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: born out of wedlock, the bible says I can't go to heaven

#16

Post by educationreigns » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:37 pm

So explain what context these verses are in, please
Deuteronomy 22:28-29
“If a man meets a virgin who is not betrothed, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are found, then the man who lay with her shall give to the father of the young woman fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife, because he has violated her. He may not divorce her all his days.

User avatar
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Posts: 8365
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:17 am
Christian: Yes
Location: Colorado
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 260 times

Re: born out of wedlock, the bible says I can't go to heaven

#17

Post by B. W. » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:41 pm

educationreigns wrote:So explain what context these verses are in, please
Deuteronomy 22:28-29
“If a man meets a virgin who is not betrothed, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are found, then the man who lay with her shall give to the father of the young woman fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife, because he has violated her. He may not divorce her all his days.
educationreigns wrote:I still don't have an answer, do you believe in EVERY bible verse or NOT? I read your reply thoughtfully and hope you don't think I dislike you. I believe in loving my fellow man I'm just upset.
You received very adequate answers regarding you statement. Suggest you look on the main web page of this site and review many of the articles.

You observe passages here referring to Old Testament (OT) Law. OT law purpose was to expose sin, define it, and point to the need for Jesus Christ to deal with it. As it is written…

Gal 3:24, “Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith.” NKJV

This verse says backs up what I just stated…

Romans 3:20, “Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.” NKJV

Again…

Romans 8:3, 4, 5, “For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.” NKJV

Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law.

So, if your desire is to place your trust in the OT Law – then live by it and you’ll discover that sin revives and you, yourself, will be cut off from the congregation of the Lord.

Have you come to Christ, yet?

If so, you share what Jesus Christ did?

Have a nice day
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys

educationreigns
Acquainted Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:37 am
Christian: Yes
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: born out of wedlock, the bible says I can't go to heaven

#18

Post by educationreigns » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:48 pm

I did review the one about women not being able to teach and I found a contradictory statement in the article about not using drugs. The first article said that Paul had women teachers so it is OK that the bible says that. The second says you have to follow everything the bible says. So didn't Paul go against gods way by letting women teach? I put this in my other post, I know.

User avatar
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Posts: 8365
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:17 am
Christian: Yes
Location: Colorado
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 260 times

Re: born out of wedlock, the bible says I can't go to heaven

#19

Post by B. W. » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:31 pm

educationreigns wrote:I did review the one about women not being able to teach and I found a contradictory statement in the article about not using drugs. The first article said that Paul had women teachers so it is OK that the bible says that. The second says you have to follow everything the bible says. So didn't Paul go against gods way by letting women teach? I put this in my other post, I know.
educationreigns wrote:Hello,
I am a questioner of organized faith and feel that god can be found from within. I know in my heart that god would not let me burn in eternal hell fire because I don't believe everything the bible says. It is not logical that you need this book. What about cave men and people that live on islands? Did they go to hell ? I don't really believe in the christian system of heaven and hell. I don't expect to go up into the clouds after I die (or to burn in hell for that matter). I try to be a good person just because it is the right thing to do, not because I'm promised eternal life in heaven. God would not be so cruel to as make me believe something that was written thousands of years ago and translated thousands of times. I love the nice verses, like about being honest and loving. But then, all these verses that sound like this: Colossians 3:18 *

18. Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
Timothy 2:9 - 15*

9. In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Please don't make fun of my name because the reason I chose it is because I feel I did not receive a fair education going to California schools, and had to make up for it in college. And I think that children need quality education. I'm not saying "I'm smarter than you." I'm just saying knowledge in the most important thing you can give/have.
Okay Educationreigns,

Are you from a George Soros organization? Reason why I ask, is that they have collaborated with various leftist writers, blogsters, etc, and have begun an attack on Christian websites. The reason for this attack is the current issue that the Obama Administration imposition on the Constitutional rights granted by the USA Constitution, First Amendment clause demanding that religious organization provide birth control pills – contraceptives – free, by using the moral argument of a woman’s right to choose issue to build a legal structure; which, later can be exploited in a way that allows Government to dictate what is acceptable for churches teach. The goal is for churches to become spokesman for a George Soros type of ideology. The goal is to destroy churches (specifically Christianity) through use of ridicule and a constant barrage of attacks designed to question people’s faith done with subterfuge and moral equivalency arguments.

The form of these constant attacks, takes the appearances of woman rights issues, sex issues, and express that love means unbridled tolerance. The mode of operation is to pose as seekers on Christian forum or website and dig up scriptures pertaining to these issues – posing moral arguments of rights, and fairness, etc – much of what and in the same format as you have posed so far on the Evidence for God from Science website. Same tactics the left uses, you are using.

So are you one of those moles? If so, that is okay, maybe the actual gospel message will penetrate your heart and you’ll become born again. So welcome to the board. Even if you are not such a mole, forgive me, but I do retain my doubts…

PS the US Constitution first Amendment right was to protect the Church from Government intrusion and control. If the left is successful in their attack on this amendment, fully watch how they built a structure from that will later be used to control church doctrine and the very conscience of Christians. The greatest threat to the Left is Christianity that is not controlled by government populist ideology.
-
-
-
To add to this, you demonstrate a remarkable unteachable spirit. There are answers for these that are quite logical and many have answered this way to you. So, from this, I gather, you write from a leftist perspective that fails to understand Christian theology altogether.

Prove me wrong – tell me what you know of John 3:14, 15, 16 and John 3:17, 18, 19, 20, 21c?

What do you know of Jesus and the issues of the first Century Corinthian Church?

What is the role of the Holy Spirit?

A god within not control by the only one God without is only a god of self…
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys

dayage
Valued Member
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:39 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: born out of wedlock, the bible says I can't go to heaven

#20

Post by dayage » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:24 pm


educationreigns
Acquainted Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:37 am
Christian: Yes
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: born out of wedlock, the bible says I can't go to heaven

#21

Post by educationreigns » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:14 pm

Than why do Christians use single verses of the bible all the time? Look at the top of this site... Is that out of context too?

User avatar
MarcusOfLycia
Senior Member
Posts: 537
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:03 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Location: West Michigan, United States
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: born out of wedlock, the bible says I can't go to heaven

#22

Post by MarcusOfLycia » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:04 pm

educationreigns wrote:Than why do Christians use single verses of the bible all the time? Look at the top of this site... Is that out of context too?
This statement confirms some suspicions I had when reading your previous posts.

Is it appropriate to quote poetry in the same way that you quote law? Not really.

Does one require more context than the other? The obvious answer is yes. Quoting one line from a 2-page poem requires much less context than quoting one line from a 2-page law. You have failed to realize that the Bible contains more than one type of literature...
-- Josh

“When you see a man with a great deal of religion displayed in his shop window, you may depend upon it, he keeps a very small stock of it within” C.H. Spurgeon

1st Corinthians 1:17- "For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel””not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power"

User avatar
jlay
Ultimate Member
Posts: 3616
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:47 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 9 times

Re: born out of wedlock, the bible says I can't go to heaven

#23

Post by jlay » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:12 pm

BUNK

And I say that in love. :amen:
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious

User avatar
MarcusOfLycia
Senior Member
Posts: 537
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:03 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Location: West Michigan, United States
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: born out of wedlock, the bible says I can't go to heaven

#24

Post by MarcusOfLycia » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:17 pm

educationreigns wrote:Than why do Christians use single verses of the bible all the time? Look at the top of this site... Is that out of context too?
Also, your profile says you are a Christian. Could you at least be honest there?
-- Josh

“When you see a man with a great deal of religion displayed in his shop window, you may depend upon it, he keeps a very small stock of it within” C.H. Spurgeon

1st Corinthians 1:17- "For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel””not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power"

User avatar
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Posts: 8365
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:17 am
Christian: Yes
Location: Colorado
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 260 times

Re: born out of wedlock, the bible says I can't go to heaven

#25

Post by B. W. » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:50 pm

educationreigns wrote:Than why do Christians use single verses of the bible all the time? Look at the top of this site... Is that out of context too?
The verses I used are in context and verified regarding New Covenant purpose and intent. You claim to be a Christian, yet, cite OT law and demonstrate no knowledge of the New Covenant.

Again tell us what you know about Jesus Christ and what John 3:14-21, 36 means to you?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys

cypher
Newbie Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:00 pm
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: born out of wedlock, the bible says I can't go to heaven

#26

Post by cypher » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:20 pm

I think educationreigns just wants a clear answer here. He or she clearly does not mean to attack any Christians.
The answers given to this question are not very clear.
I dont think it would be too hard to admit that this part of the bible should not be followed.

User avatar
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Posts: 9989
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 6:25 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist
Location: Qld, Australia
Has liked: 643 times
Been liked: 658 times

Re: born out of wedlock, the bible says I can't go to heaven

#27

Post by Kurieuo » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:28 pm

:lol: Well I'd say you're in the 5% or less minority who believe a clear answer was not given.

User avatar
Canuckster1127
Old School
Posts: 5308
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:31 am
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age
Location: Tulsa, OK
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: born out of wedlock, the bible says I can't go to heaven

#28

Post by Canuckster1127 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:29 pm

Kurieuo wrote::lol: Well I'd say you're in the 5% or less minority who believe a clear answer was not given.
I thought jlays response of, and I quote "BUNK" was pretty clear anyway. No wasted syllables there at all .....
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender

//bartsbarometer.com/

CallMeDave
Valued Member
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Northwest FLorida
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: born out of wedlock, the bible says I can't go to heaven

#29

Post by CallMeDave » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:54 am

educationreigns wrote:born out of wedlock, the bible says I cant go to heaven
Deuteronomy 23-2 "A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD”

I just can't believe in something that says this, I don't think I deserve to be punished. And if other verses contradict this one, than can't we just agree that the bible has some good stuff and bad stuff that we should not live by? It depends on what church you go to as to what verses you have to follow to be a true christian, and which you don't. So can't god come from within, instead of a book that has clearly racist, sexist, and hateful passages? What if you were born on an Island and did not know about Christianity? I like the idea of being kind and understanding and to not hurt people, but the bible talks about killing all the time (unless it's a virgin woman, you don't kill her) I don't think I want a religion I just want a compassionate way of life.

If you want to live a compassionate way of life, then, Jesus Christ is the essence of that . When i get home tonight, ill look up the verse you quoted in my book called 'When Critics Ask' by Dr. NOrman Geisler and see if its covered. Even if it IS meant the way you are interpretting it, 10 generations have elapsed since that was written in which case you are not held to that. In fact, Gods love is so great that there isnt anyone who will be turned away from eternal life in heaven with himself providing you get your many accumulated sins forgiven by Christ who paid the price for them on the cross. If a murderer can be forgiven , then certainly someone born out of wedlock can be also. What you want is the love and grace of God in your life , and not to follow our present culture which is anti-compassionate . Nor do yuou want to immerse yourself in another world religion whos Leader didnt do anything close to what Jesus accomplished by coming to earth , claiming himself to be that Creator God, then proving it to the masses. Ill get back to you on your scripture tomorrow. Dave.
"I never asserted such an absurd proposition, that something could arise without a Cause" -- staunch atheist Philosopher David Hume.

"What this world now needs is Christian love or compassion" -- staunch atheist Bertrand Russell.

CallMeDave
Valued Member
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:45 pm
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist
Location: Northwest FLorida
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Re: born out of wedlock, the bible says I can't go to heaven

#30

Post by CallMeDave » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:35 am

Ok....i couldnt find anything in the book 'When Critics Ask' regarding this, but, i did find an explanation confirming what i said above on this topic . You need not worry about not being accepted into Heaven because you were born out of wedlock, but you do if you have decided to reject the only way of getting your many sins forgiven so you can make it to heaven . Regards : http://rcg.org/questions/p023.a.html
"I never asserted such an absurd proposition, that something could arise without a Cause" -- staunch atheist Philosopher David Hume.

"What this world now needs is Christian love or compassion" -- staunch atheist Bertrand Russell.

Post Reply