Pastafarianism

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
dorkmaster
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Pastafarianism

Post by dorkmaster »

I have not posted on here in a while, good to see things going smoothly. I am sure you have all seen this thing about pastafarians and their mockery of Intelligent Design and I have never seen a thread on here about them, but anyway, what do you all think of this movement?
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: Pastafarianism

Post by B. W. »

dorkmaster wrote:I have not posted on here in a while, good to see things going smoothly. I am sure you have all seen this thing about pastafarians and their mockery of Intelligent Design and I have never seen a thread on here about them, but anyway, what do you all think of this movement?
Never heard of them before but only now, so for others who don't know what they are - here is the WikiPedia Link for Pastafarians

Another passing fad for mockers...

The pastafarians diety is known by pastafarian followers as non-existing.

Anyways, the pastafarian diety cannot do this: Isaiah 11:11, 12 in which the historical emperical fulfillment had already begun 1917 and the nation of Israel has come about a second time May 1948...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Reactionary
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Reactionary »

dorkmaster wrote:I have not posted on here in a while, good to see things going smoothly. I am sure you have all seen this thing about pastafarians and their mockery of Intelligent Design and I have never seen a thread on here about them, but anyway, what do you all think of this movement?
You mean His Noodliness the Flying Spaghetti Monster, who creates and oversees the universe by using his noodly appendage? Yeah I've heard of him. :pound:

On a serious note, I agree with B.W. that it's just mockery, but it also tells us a lot about the people who waste their allegedly finite lives by doing that kind of stuff. An intellectually honest person wouldn't really care that much about what others believed (unless it affected the entire humanity as we believe, but in atheism having beliefs is irrelevant). I'm definitely not obsessed with trying to refute religions I don't believe in, especially not in such a pathetic way.
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

Cthulhu would have him for breakfast:
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

ppl who believe in evolution, are as likely to be wrong as ID. I mean there is no concrete proof either way. I'm just afraid, that somewhere along the line, evolution might be considered a joke too. (Cuz I beleive in T.E :D )
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
narnia4
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by narnia4 »

Its not even close to being worthy of a response.
Young, Restless, Reformed
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

narnia4 wrote:Its not even close to being worthy of a response.

Pass the spaghetti please… and the parmesan :dancing:
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys