God's voice?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
zackabba1
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

God's voice?

Post by zackabba1 »

I was just in a converstation with my friend last, night, who's an agnostic, and he brought up something I said to him.

I said that you can hear God in a still-small voice inside of you, that you feel is from your heart...

...but he said it doesn't sound real. After that I couldn't really explain it...

I then began wondering myself "How do you know it's God's voice and not yours?"
I hear people say "Well, put it up against scripture and see." The problem with that is that, couldn't it just be you paraphrasing verses in your head in the first place?

How do you know if it truly is God? And how come it seems like I'm not hearing this voice (it seems like I have to put words in his mouth, or force myself to think of what he would say to me)
Maytan
Established Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: God's voice?

Post by Maytan »

I don't think anyone can answer this question for another person. In reality, no man can know for sure the heart of another. Whether or not it's truly God speaking to you is entirely up to you to determine. Ultimately, I think you have had God speak to you, and are now having a repercussion of doubtful criticism.

Someone else may be able to better answer this question than me, however.
mandelduke
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: God's voice?

Post by mandelduke »

Maytan wrote:I don't think anyone can answer this question for another person. In reality, no man can know for sure the heart of another. Whether or not it's truly God speaking to you is entirely up to you to determine. Ultimately, I think you have had God speak to you, and are now having a repercussion of doubtful criticism.

Someone else may be able to better answer this question than me, however.
Oh the sweet sound of my Lords voice, I could pick out Gods voice out in a room of five hundred people. But for them that are not sure, putting Gods voice up against scripture is sound doctrine if you can understand the scriptures.