CURSES!!

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Ngakunui
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

CURSES!!

Post by Ngakunui »

This might sound a little superstitious, but there's a particular film I've been wanting to watch just because of one of its actors, who overacts every line. The reason I'm not sure I want to watch it is because much of the film crew and actors died after the film was released, reportedly due to a "curse".

Now, the film isn't really all that scary or serious just because of overacting from what I've heard. Though, I do wonder if such a thing as a curse could have happened or been responsible for all those deaths.

So do these sort of things really just happen, or are they the result of people just going nuts? The film I mentioned was based around William Shatner fighting some creature called an "incubus"(in fact, the film is named Incubus) that wants to kill his girlfriend in a town that for some reason speaks only Esperanto, which is a language a Russian linguist made up. I heard the antagonists are also occult members in the film, too. And at the end the protagonist's girlfriend is attacked by a goat.

Well, what do you say? Have there ever even been instances of people being "cursed" or anything that I should know about?

Also, I apologise if this doesn't belong in this sub-forum, I couldn't find any other that seemed appropriate.
warhoop
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: CURSES!!

Post by warhoop »

Ngakunui wrote: Have there ever even been instances of people being "cursed" or anything that I should know about?
Have there ever been instances of people being "blessed"? I think that through the acknowledgement that blessings exist or occur, by default you acknowledge that cursings exist or occur. And I also think that, like blessings, cursings often go unrecognized or unacknowledged. The spiritual war rages on as do the casualties. Kinda scary if you really plumb the depths, but serves to reveal to me more and more my need for an alliance with God.
Ngakunui
Established Member

Post by Ngakunui »

warhoop wrote:
Have there ever been instances of people being "blessed"? I think that through the acknowledgement that blessings exist or occur, by default you acknowledge that cursings exist or occur. And I also think that, like blessings, cursings often go unrecognized or unacknowledged. The spiritual war rages on as do the casualties. Kinda scary if you really plumb the depths, but serves to reveal to me more and more my need for an alliance with God.
Yes, but what I'm asking is if I can get cursed from watching a particular "cult" film.
mandelduke
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by mandelduke »

No!