Could Jesus Accept someone like this?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Kristoffer
Valued Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Could Jesus Accept someone like this?

Post by Kristoffer »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmlXsnjMs_s

OKAY, so I do know that it is just a film. But can even a murderous person be made acceptable to Jesus Kristus? y:-/

How forgiving is he? Does his forgiveness ever have an end?
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Could Jesus Accept someone like this?

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

The film sequence is crap. You seem to enjoy filling your head with crap.

God forgives all the sins of those who turn to him.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
MyPetWorm
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by MyPetWorm »

Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:God forgives all the sins of those who turn to him.

FL
May I add, and those who truely repent for the act. I deal with too many people (Generally children) who say they are "Truely sorry" for an act they have done. They aren't lying to me about being sorry, they just don't realise that they're only sorry because they got caught. Big difference between the two - but unless someone else points it out, most of the time we don't realise we're doing it :econfused:

(And I apologise for my spelling of Truely, but I think Truly actually looks like "Tra-lee". The same way Madly is "Mad-lee" and Madely would be "Made-lee" :lol: )
Kristoffer
Valued Member

Post by Kristoffer »

Dude, the QUALITY of that record is CRAP because it is youtube and not the Blu-ray. :lol:

Anyway the film is sort of a Action/fantasy- spiritual journey. How is that filling my head with crap? What is wrong with some fantasy? The guy turns to "the lord" right? Anyway its a great film you should watch it, its from the creator of CONAN. :D
CeT-To
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by CeT-To »

MyPetWorm wrote:
Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:God forgives all the sins of those who turn to him.

FL
May I add, and those who truely repent for the act. I deal with too many people (Generally children) who say they are "Truely sorry" for an act they have done. They aren't lying to me about being sorry, they just don't realise that they're only sorry because they got caught. Big difference between the two - but unless someone else points it out, most of the time we don't realise we're doing it :econfused:

(And I apologise for my spelling of Truely, but I think Truly actually looks like "Tra-lee". The same way Madly is "Mad-lee" and Madely would be "Made-lee" :lol: )
HAHahah you're a funny one Pet :lol: keep up the good work :salute: Oh and by the way i agree with what you say about being "truely sorry", it definitely makes sense :mrgreen:
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
Kristoffer
Valued Member

Post by Kristoffer »

CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Oh yeah ive seen that movie...action is pretty cool, i guess but plot was pretty dumb...maybe its just me but i didnt enjoy it too much. I'll prolly give it a 5/10.
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

Kristoffer
Valued Member

Post by Kristoffer »

Meh, 50% is like C- which i can be fine with. I thought that it was worth the critical reception it received. I just think though that the way the charecter started was as you guys said, reactionary...He is trying to save his soul. Really Is the answer to give your old Life[soul] up? Because I can see redemption in that kind of story.

What's so dumb about the plot? It's this Evil man who turns...and fights of demons (literally)

HEY if you want pretty dumb Watch Conan The Barbarian :D
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by zoegirl »

Kristoff,

Whatever the quality of the movie, you need to understand the power of Christ's sacrifice. We are ALL sinners in need of redemption. Christ IS that redemption, He IS the redeemer.

It may be hard to see someone so evil being offered forgiveness but therein lies the tremendous grace of Christ. We cannot make ourselves right with God, the payment for sin is separation from God (death)....but Christ has offered reconciliation through His own willingness to take our punishment for sin upon Himself. And the more we understand ourselves and our sin, the more we understand His grace.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Kristoffer
Valued Member

Post by Kristoffer »

If you are desperate for redemption...Then do you find out what your place is? :?
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Kristoffer wrote:If you are desperate for redemption...Then do you find out what your place is? :?
Could you clarify? What do you mean by place?
Kristoffer
Valued Member

Post by Kristoffer »

Place in the world. Position.
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

What do you happens to your place?

If you are an engineer, you can remain an engineer...
If you are a teacher, you can remain a teacher....

Now if you are doing something illegal, then yes, you should change...but one would hope that isn't the case... :shock:
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Another point to make is that the main character tried to work for his salvation..which is another error.

Kristoffer
Valued Member

Post by Kristoffer »

Depends on how you view effort and perspiration, I happen to view it better than the alternative. Idleness and day dreaming.

I am not doing anything Illegal! Darwin forbid! Really I am a Honest and PC(yea it sucks) Business Person, I can not see how managing "human resources" Is unethical. It isn't people do need some control and oversight. :wave: