Could Jesus Accept someone like this?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Silvertusk
Board Moderator
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Could Jesus Accept someone like this?

Post by Silvertusk »

Kristoffer wrote:Why is it pride? I do not know how easy it would to feel guilty if my guilt could feel forgiven by the click of my fingers.(well not literally like this)

How do you feel guilt, you still do feel right? I do not want to lose myself.
It is pride because you are too proud to accept a gift. As for guilt, the Holy Spirit convicts us of that and brings us back to repentance.

Because I am Christian - I am so much more aware of my feelings and what is right and wrong and I do feel enormous guilt when I sin. But also I feel so much better when I ask God for forgiveness.
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by DannyM »

Silvertusk wrote:
Kristoffer wrote:Why is it pride? I do not know how easy it would to feel guilty if my guilt could feel forgiven by the click of my fingers.(well not literally like this)

How do you feel guilt, you still do feel right? I do not want to lose myself.
It is pride because you are too proud to accept a gift. As for guilt, the Holy Spirit convicts us of that and brings us back to repentance.

Because I am Christian - I am so much more aware of my feelings and what is right and wrong and I do feel enormous guilt when I sin. But also I feel so much better when I ask God for forgiveness.
The materialist is blinded. "You don't get summink for nuffink!" The materialist cannot bring himself to accept any gift - there must be a catch, or it smells pretty fishy. The materialist doesn't want to believe that this can be so. Spare a thought - we have done well to give total and complete materialism a body-swerve.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Kristoffer
Valued Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Kristoffer »

I have no idea why you think I am a materialist. I want for nothing.

No my problem is responsibility, if I do something wrong, I should take responsibility. Why just hand responsibility over to someone who is not at fault?
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Kristoffer wrote:I have no idea why you think I am a materialist. I want for nothing.

No my problem is responsibility, if I do something wrong, I should take responsibility. Why just hand responsibility over to someone who is not at fault?
So I'm wrong and you're not suspicious of the truth claims of Christianity?

You're not part of the 85% then, nej?
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

And I do not know of one Christian who passes the buck for his behaviour. So what are you on about ?
-
-
-
--
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Kristoffer
Valued Member

Post by Kristoffer »

I am not as Suspicious as I used to be, but I knew nothing[about it]then.

I am unsure whither to include myself in that statistic. Idealistically I think I already behave in a kind of "Christian" way. Of course that might not be enough, if there is a god, I sure as heck do not know what he is thinking about.

I do not pass the buck about my behaviour, I take responsibility. I am on about Forgiveness and acceptance. Do you have to let Kristus accept you and forgive you? Or do you Forgive and Accept yourself first?
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Kristoffer wrote:I am not as Suspicious as I used to be, but I knew nothing[about it]then.

I am unsure whither to include myself in that statistic. Idealistically I think I already behave in a kind of "Christian" way. Of course that might not be enough, if there is a god, I sure as heck do not know what he is thinking about.

I do not pass the buck about my behaviour, I take responsibility. I am on about Forgiveness and acceptance. Do you have to let Kristus accept you and forgive you? Or do you Forgive and Accept yourself first?
Man-centred.
-
-
-
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Kristoffer
Valued Member

Post by Kristoffer »

Why else would God Create Men and tell Angels to Worship a Man? Why else would Jesus call himself a "Son of Man" ? Is the world really made for Man or for God? I think by(possibly!) But not for.
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Kristoffer wrote:Why else would God Create Men and tell Angels to Worship a Man? Why else would Jesus call himself a "Son of Man" ? Is the world really made for Man or for God? I think by(possibly!) But not for.
How is the world man-centred when God created the world? Please explain the thinking behind this...

Man and his relationship with God is paramount, of course, but explain how this fits with your man-centred philosophy... Or at least try !
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Kristoffer wrote:I have no idea why you think I am a materialist. I want for nothing.

The materialist denies the existence of souls and dieties. You're more open to God, but apparently not to the other. . . which is odd, since God made us that way. Anyway . . . there's more than one definition to Materialism, and you should research it. Only one definition is about someone who loves collecting material goods.

You're argument about doing things yourself because you're responsible is so hollow, when it comes to God and being able to be with Him. No matter what you do, you can never be good enough to enter the presence of God. God was loving enough, wanted to be with us enough, to do something about that. Personally, I think you're being very prideful, and you simply don't want relationship with Him. Yes, we all need to take responsibility for things we have done, that's a no brainer. But it's not the same when it means coming into God's unearthly presence. The Muslims thing that you need to enough good works to outweigh the bad works, on the scale of things, and even so, their God still may reject you. Christ is not like that. He made promises, and He keeps them. If you accept Him and His work for your salvation, you will be in heaven.

I guess I really should do a bible study on this for you, with the verses . . . maybe I can find one. But then you probably won't look at it, based on your past comments.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Kristoffer
Valued Member

Post by Kristoffer »

Only one definition is about someone who loves collecting material goods.
I have what I need. Do I need more? Nej.

Well I do not know about the muslims, "scale", but probably "not being a muslim" counts high as a negative on it. I do not know what this relationship entails, how is it Good, What do you get from it? I want to take the risk, but I need a good reason to follow it to the end. I do look at the book, i constantly am.v
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

cslewislover wrote:I guess I really should do a bible study on this for you, with the verses . . . maybe I can find one. But then you probably won't look at it, based on your past comments.
You'd be wasting your time. Do something better, like spend time with your son. Kristoffer is an ''atheist-fisherman''. He'll seem vulnerable and open just for a while so that you'll bite, then he'll let out the line so you think he's gone; then he'll tug at it - and your heartstrings - again. You'll swim towards him and...nothing. He's gone, again. Rewind & repeat.

Kris is a fake. a big fake. A big fake and a big Loser. I understand him better than you because I was just like him.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
cslewislover wrote:I guess I really should do a bible study on this for you, with the verses . . . maybe I can find one. But then you probably won't look at it, based on your past comments.
You'd be wasting your time. Do something better, like spend time with your son. Kristoffer is an ''atheist-fisherman''. He'll seem vulnerable and open just for a while so that you'll bite, then he'll let out the line so you think he's gone; then he'll tug at it - and your heartstrings - again. You'll swim towards him and...nothing. He's gone, again. Rewind & repeat.

Kris is a fake. a big fake. A big fake and a big Loser. I understand him better than you because I was just like him.
Spot on!
-
-
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Kristoffer
Valued Member

Post by Kristoffer »

Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote: Kris is a fake. a big fake. A big fake and a big Loser. I understand him better than you because I was just like him.

FL
You are not me. Do not claim to of been "just like me" although you are allowed to call me whatever you like, I do not fear it. HOW DARE YOU CALL ME A LOSER. I put so much effort into all that i DO. To much maybe, but anyway. Whats with the personal attack on my character? I find it rather "unchristian" do you not see how i can be offended? Do you really want to Keep Kristus to yourself? Why can't you share this? Does it feel that great that you need to maintain a Crab Mentality? y)>-
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Kristoffer wrote:HOW DARE YOU CALL ME A LOSER
You are a Loser...but you won't understand that until you accept Christ. If we were all to die right now, cslewislover, Danny and I would be spending eternity in heaven while you would be in a very hot place (and it wouldn't be the Canary Islands! :pound: ) How Loser is that?!

I find it interesting that you reacted to my calling you a Big Loser (which you are) but you totally ignored this:
Fürstentum Liechtenstein wrote: Kristoffer is an ''atheist-fisherman''. He'll seem vulnerable and open just for a while so that you'll bite, then he'll let out the line so you think he's gone; then he'll tug at it - and your heartstrings - again. You'll swim towards him and...nothing. He's gone, again. Rewind & repeat.
By the way...Happy Birthday.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +