Murder v Adultery

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Deborah
Christian: No

Murder v Adultery

Post by Deborah »

Once Kings of England use to execute their wives on trumped up charges, in order to remarry. Because while gods word says it is possible to get a bill of Divorce, if either remarry it is adultery. But if the wife should die it is not a sin to remarry.
This was until King Henry VIII, whom was denied a Divorce by the Roman Catholic Church, because the Queen had written to her relatives in power in Rome to prevent the Pope giving Henry his divorce, because she wanted her daughter to be next inline to the throne not someone else's son.
Then Protestant reformist Christians who hated the corruption and lies of the Roman Catholic Church, went to Henry and informed him that he could break ties with Rome and create the Church of England with himself as head.
If you murder someone you can ask forgiveness and according to his word he will give it.
But adultery, how can you ask forgiveness if you are still living in adultery?
Did our father in heaven really give us the right to kill our fellow man? If he did not then execution is still murder. Killing no matter what the reason is not having love for our fellow man. And that is the 2nd most important commandment that god asked of us if we love him.
The discussion is Murder v Adultery; they are both sins in the eyes of our lord.
The lord says break one of my commandments you break all.
One in the eyes of man is more acceptable, but in the eyes of god are both still not sins?
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

I don't think God ever said not to kill. Killing is not always a matter of love and hate. In fact, it usually isn't.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

Exo 20:13 You shall not kill.
Mat 5:21 You have heard that it was said to the ancients, "You shall not kill" --and, "Whoever shall kill shall be liable to the judgment."
Mar 10:19 You know the commandments: Do not commit adultery, do not kill, do not steal, do not bear false witness, do not defraud, honor your father and your mother.
Gen 4:15 And Jehovah said to him, Therefore whoever kills Cain shall be avenged seven times. And Jehovah set a mark upon Cain so that anyone who found him should not kill him. Cain was the very first Murderer, yet God did not kill him or want others to kill him.
Exo 23:7 Keep far from a false matter, and do not kill the innocent and righteous. For I will not justify the wicked. point is we never have all the facts, a murderer who asked gods forgiveness is he not righteous?
Deu 5:17 You shall not kill.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

I believe they all refer to murder, a word that is wrongly translated as "kill" throughout many bibles. God explicitly asked the israeli to kill on many occasions. For Him to say "thou shalt not kill[/b[]" and then ask you to kill would mean that God tempts men, God draws them into sin and God contradicts Himself. I believe we can both agree that "kill" is not a suitable word.
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

Exo 23:7 Keep far from a false matter, and do not kill the innocent and righteous. For I will not justify the wicked. point is we never have all the facts, a murderer who asked gods forgiveness is he not righteous?
Even if it is do not murder as it is the the Nt, a murderer who asks Gods forgiveness and it is in his heart, is forgiven and is righteous. His instructions are not to kill/murder them. Yet some appoint themselves above God and carry the execution out anyway, only then do they believe justice is done. Justice can never be done with two wrongs.
Who are we that we place ourselves above the word of God?
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

I never said murder is OK, nor did I say execution is anything other than murder(because that's exactly what it is). I do think that killing to protect another, in self defence or because you are a soldier is not murder, although even in those situations, it is best to avoid killing and simply cripple if you can(Unless you're a bomber pilot, in which case the latter is kinda' difficult).
Deborah

Post by Deborah »

Remembering that kings would execute their wives on trumped up charges, this was Murder.
But you can ask God forgiveness and receive it for Murder if you are truly sorry.
But for adultery, how can you ask forgiveness of God if you still live in adultery?
one in our eyes is more acceptable, but in Gods eyes they are both sins, and break on commandment and you break them all.