Have You Ever Had A Supernatural Experience?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Anonymous

Have You Ever Had A Supernatural Experience?

Post by Anonymous »

Hey people, I come across articles every now and then about divine healings, miracles, encounters, etc... Has anybody here every had a supernatural experience? If so, will you fully explain what happaned? This is just something fun and interesting to talk about so we get to know more about Jesus Christ.
Deborah
Christian: No

Post by Deborah »

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

During my study of buddhism, I felt that I should try meditation. I did so for about an hour or so and I felt this wonderful feeling of being one with all that was around me. It was as though I could feel that the bed below me were my legs and the floor underneath it my feet and well, I don't know what the rest of the house would be, but I just felt everything flow through me.

It was rather delightful.

Nothing to do with Jesus though, sorry.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Plenty. Astral projection, several encounters with what I assume were demons, a couple of instances of involuntary telekinesis. That's off the top of my head, although I am fairly certain I missed a few.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

By the way, I tried meditation and it did nothing for me. Conventional prayer(before I was convinced God is real) did more than it.
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

many, but how is this going to help you learn more about Jesus?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Mastermind wrote:By the way, I tried meditation and it did nothing for me. Conventional prayer(before I was convinced God is real) did more than it.
Really, prayer never really did anything for me. It was a little comforting at times, but no moreso than talking to myself.

Altar calls never did anything for me either though. *shrugs*
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Mastermind and Colors, what have you experienced if you can go in to detail? Just curious, that's all.
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

still wondering how this will help you understand Jesus, but...

1)have seen "ghosts" (since i became a christian, i've come to believe that ghosts (what we think are ghosts) are demons

2)had a ufo experience

3)had a satanic experience

4)have had some prophetic experiences (dreamed about hurricane andrew a week before it happened; dreamed about 911 a few hours before it happened; dreamed about a cousin's suicide attempt before it happened).
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

1) Look up astral projection for more detail. Different sources give differen info(I strongly believe that the higher you go up in "frequency", the more departed you get from any kind of existance, and the closer you get to yourself)

2) Voices(No, I did not imagine them. If I had a mental condition, it would have revealed itself by now)

3) By far the worst encounter has been with something I still don't know anything about. The closest thing to describe it is the mythical "shadow creature". Basically, it is some sort of entity that follows me everytime I get into a new residence. The most detailed experience was at my grandmother's house. She has a weird type of glass in the middle of bedroom doors. It is ridged on one side and distorts images. I was playing one day (I don't remember how old I was at the time, it could be anything between 10-14) when I heard a scratching noise. I look up and I see a black figure scratching the window. I paralyse with fear, and 2 seconds after it looks like it floated away, i run for the door and open it. The only person that was in my house was my grandmother, who wasn't wearing anything near black. The entity had gone in the opposite direction of where my grandmother was. My grandmother was watching TV and sewing, and hadn't been anywhere near the door. It couldn't have left the house because the exit makes an awful screeching noise and I would have heard it. I met it twice more. Once when I was at my parents house(no glass door to see it, but it ran its hand along the door, and I knew that it was it), and again when I moved to canada(same as my parents). I do not remember the one at my parents old house at all, but I do remember doing a thorough investigation(like i did at my grandmothers house) only to find out that it was impossible for my sister(which was the only person at home at that time) to have done it.

Involuntary telekinesis:

I often manage to disrupt electronics in my presence. A couple of times I managed to pause my radio with my mind(involuntarily, i admit. It usually happens when i'm experiencing something intense. I know it's not just my imagination because the radio is the only sound that actually stopped). I walked out with a book out of a nearby public library without the alarm beeping(their security is something similar to alcatraz, which is what makes this even stranger). And I remember reaching for something once and have it suddenly fly into my hand.