Sai Baba

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
SUGAAAAA
Established Member
Christian: No

Sai Baba

Post by SUGAAAAA »

http://www.srisathyasai.org.in/

From what I understand, he is a Hindu and believes all religions lead to God. He is known by many as a miracle worker, and even a God incarnate. Witnesses have attributed many miracles to him, like producing food from nowhere and healing diseases.

How can he be performing the same miracles as Jesus?
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Sai Baba

Post by Canuckster1127 »

SUGAAAAA wrote:http://www.srisathyasai.org.in/

From what I understand, he is a Hindu and believes all religions lead to God. He is known by many as a miracle worker, and even a God incarnate. Witnesses have attributed many miracles to him, like producing food from nowhere and healing diseases.

How can he be performing the same miracles as Jesus?
Matthew 24:24 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)

Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society
[NIV at IBS] [International Bible Society] [NIV at Zondervan] [Zondervan]

24For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
SUGAAAAA
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by SUGAAAAA »

That would mean Sai Baba here is actually a sign of the end of the age. Do you think this?

Does the source of his "powers" to perform his miracles come from the devil?
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

SUGAAAAA wrote:That would mean Sai Baba here is actually a sign of the end of the age. Do you think this?

Does the source of his "powers" to perform his miracles come from the devil?
Possibly, although such things have happened throughout history both in terms of charlatans who deceive people as well as possibly demonic activity which I think is possible.

I don't know enough about this particular person or situation to offer an opinion. In general, it's not a surprise that such claims are made. They happen inside and outside of Christianity. For that which is real in God, Satan usually fabricates a counterfeit to lead others astray.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

SUGAAAAA wrote:Does the source of his "powers" to perform his miracles come from the devil?

I would be skeptical of any miraculous signs not done in the name of Christ (and even some that are). But as a catholic (and a first eyewitness to some) I do wholeheartedly believe in miracles, ALL of which are not a reflection of individual powers but stem from and are a testimony to the faith in our God incarnate, Jesus Christ.

God bless,

Byblos.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
August
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Wow. That certainly puts more information in play. Thanks August.