Why does God allow

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Jay_7
Established Member

Why does God allow

Post by Jay_7 »

The devil to appear as an angel of light? I was reading a christians theory that near death experiences are tricks by the devil which sounds about right, which is why so many are different and try to confuse religions.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

When in doubt, blame the devil. :roll:
Are you threatening me Master Skeptic?
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

I don't think God allows him to "appear" as such. He is. Satan was the first created being . . . God's "right hand man", if you will. Just because Satan fell doesn't change the fact that he's still the second most powerful being (that is, until we are glorified).

We could also extend that question to "Why does God allow Satan to tempt people?" God allows the devil to do a lot of things. I don't think we can give definitive answers, but we can take Job and Peter's stories as good examples. In the former case, God let it happen to demonstrate His (God's own) faithfulness. How many Christians have drawn strength from that experience? In Peter's case, God granted the right to "sift" him so that his faith may be strengthened, thus, making him even more usable to God. So, we can't say in every case why God is doing something. But, we can be sure that He has a reason, and it is for our good.

That's my two cents worth, anyway.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
IRQ Conflict

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Lucifer was created as a being of light. But I think the words 'appear as an angel of light' has more to do with his promotion of ideals in society than it refers to his physical appearance, probably both. (wolf in sheeps clothing).

2Co 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
2Co 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2Co 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

@ Mastermind. Always blame the devil for confusion.

Jam 3:16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.

1Co 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
Jay_7
Established Member

Post by Jay_7 »

Ok thanks.

And Mastermind if you don't want to answer my question dont reply. :roll:
4him123
Newbie Member

Post by 4him123 »

Although im sure that is within satans power here is some websites i found interesting:

Dying Testimonies Of Saved And Unsaved
http://www.cuttingedge.org/shaw/

From Hell to the Glory of God
http://www.christian-faith.com/testimon ... -hell.html

Alot of them are obviously not from satan :D
IRQ Conflict

Post by IRQ Conflict »

:shock: WOW! I was just reading some of the cutting edge stuff....small network ;)
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: Why does God allow

Post by B. W. »

Jay_7 wrote:The devil to appear as an angel of light? I was reading a Christians theory that near death experiences are tricks by the devil which sounds about right, which is why so many are different and try to confuse religions.
Many NDE's do trick recipients. Laying aside all levity for a moment, afterlife encounters can be deceptively pleasant due solely to the duration of the event.

Many NDE people report seeing a wonderfully illuminated personage, or a tunnel, lights, angels, as well as encountering strange caring beings and deceased love ones but these occurrences last but for a short time. Also, the majority of NDE'rs also report that something unknown lay beyond these apparitions and scenery such as a door, mist, a grand land that could not be entered due to being resuscitated back to life.

If you read many of their accounts carefully, they all seem to all ponder why they deserved such a pleasant heavenly encounter, either while they were there or after coming back. This alone should cause speculation about the events they describe. If only they could have seen what lay beyond, they may have reported something else entirely.

The exception to this seems to be with little children, whom report seeing heaven — which is consistent with what Jesus said about letting the little children come to him and not forbidding them. Also, Christians who have had an NDE and recorded their experience are in striking variance with non-Christian NDE's.

According to many prominent Christian Theologians, the doctrine of Hell is based upon degrees of retribution according to how God judges unbelievers according to their deeds; it is quite probable that many misjudge what is being perceived before their eyes due to this degree of retribution.

Deception is much like poison. A person does not know what they are being fed until it is too late. Therefore, yes, an evil malevolent entity would go to great lengths to deceive anyone from finding his or her true savior Jesus Christ.

I you like, you can read a brief synopsis about my personal afterlife experience HERE for more info on this regarding matter.
-
-
-