Good Morning Angels (Serious Question)

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Good Morning Angels (Serious Question)

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

I have a few books I can look through to bash a Jesus Seminar professor who's lecture I sat in on today, but until then, I could use some expert help.

There is supposed to be a discrepancy between having a tax census under Herod. Also, there's some ruler's name starting with a Q-if any name comes to mind, the “problem” is the JS professor said this guy ruled much later, and no other alternative explanations worked-and as I remember names are (and have been) re-used, I was thinking it's that…so anyone could pull a source. Second, the prof said it HAD to be Herod the Great (before Judae became province), instead of one of his sons…so blasting that too. Also, he claimed that the Crucifixion was considered a shameful embarrassment, so help on that too. And finally, he poisoned the well and claimed Peter and Paul being killed in Rome are just legend
Last edited by AttentionKMartShoppers on Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
IRQ Conflict
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Good Morning Angels

Post by IRQ Conflict »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:he claimed that the Crucifixion was considered a shameful embarrassment

Was he meaning that the crucifixion was an embarrassment? Or to be crucified was an embarrassment?

I know the bible states that anyone hung on a tree (crucified) was cursed.
Last edited by IRQ Conflict on Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
Brigham
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Post by Brigham »

u might want to put it under a different title.
Fortigurn
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Fortigurn »

Try here.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

I'm so glad we shop at the same place...lol-found that one already actually, will use too

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

-Anonymous
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

OH another thing, the panzy called Peter and Paul being killed in Rome a "legend."-what should be my attack path on that too?

- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

-Anonymous
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

KMart:

Here's an OLD thread that may help you out there. Pay special attention to ttoews arguments. I wonder how he's doing these days . . .

http://discussions.godandscience.org/ol ... 47&start=0
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Re: Good Morning Angels (Serious Question)

Post by Mastermind »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:Also, he claimed that the Crucifixion was considered a shameful embarrassment, so help on that too.
Why do you need help on that? It's true and it leaves atheists in a pickle because they have to explain how somebody who brought so much shame to his followers took over the Roman Empire. :wink:
Are you threatening me Master Skeptic?
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

I wish to destroy all of his assertions.

- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

-Anonymous
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:I wish to destroy all of his assertions.
Why? That assertion is useful to us. Read through this to find out why:

http://www.tektonics.org/lp/nowayjose.html
Are you threatening me Master Skeptic?
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

What was his evidence for any of this. IT is exccedingly difficult to refute empty claims.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

That's why I was wondering what who knew on what.

- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

-Anonymous
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:That's why I was wondering what who knew on what.

OH. Well the Bible is a more primary source than this yahoo. The Jewws have been meticulous in keeping hteir history, and I am sure that you can trust what the Bible says.

The name you were looking for that begins with Q is Quirinius (sp) he was a governor in Syria when Jesus was Born.