Organisms on other planets..

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Post by B. W. »

IRQ Conflict wrote:Here is a site that I beleive points in the right direction as far as 'alien life' is concerned.
I hate to bring up the subject of Michael Jackson again - but I could not resist to temptation to point out that alien life exist! :lol:

:lol:
IRQ Conflict
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Ya, apparently tests were done on his glove and found it to be the same material used in weather baloons. Myth BUSTED.

:lol:
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
voicingmaster
Established Member

Re: RE

Post by voicingmaster »

michaelh2951 wrote:But I think the real hypothetical question remains: IF we found life on other planets, how could it be explained through religion?
I think the better hypothetical one is: IF we got warpspeed technology, and explored all of space, and found nothing, how can we explain all those unused planets with religion? I mean, why would God go through all that trouble making those planets, when he wasn't going to use them for anything?
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Re: RE

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

voicingmaster wrote:
michaelh2951 wrote:But I think the real hypothetical question remains: IF we found life on other planets, how could it be explained through religion?
I think the better hypothetical one is: IF we got warpspeed technology, and explored all of space, and found nothing, how can we explain all those unused planets with religion? I mean, why would God go through all that trouble making those planets, when he wasn't going to use them for anything?
The best question would be, if there is an omnipotent God, why should a creation of his question his motives using thoughts and ideas which are a manisfestations of the very existance created for him/her?
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Monday
Acquainted Member

Post by Monday »

As we all know, there are big chunks of rock and ice called meteors and astroids hurtling through space. Earth is hit with quite a few a year, but most of them are small and cause very little damage if they are not burnt up in our atmoshpere. I have read (although I cannot recall where) that the moon and other planets protect Earth from being hit with larger meteors which would cause a substantial amount of damage. God created the planets for our protection, but I have to admit that I might be wrong on this.
IRQ Conflict

Post by IRQ Conflict »

No Monday, your right. And to further this point God created a lot of "wieghts and balances" and other things we don't understand in the universe.

It's ironic that Gene rodenberry will disintegrate in our atmosphere and never know the answers to any of Gods creation. While we when perfected will have that and much more. Sad really.
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

voicingmaster
Established Member

Post by voicingmaster »

That doesn't work, since there was nothing to force God to create the asteroids in the first place.
Monday
Acquainted Member

Post by Monday »

There is probably some sort of explanation for asteroids. That would be something to do some research into and see what experts on the topic would have to say. Also, the universe isn't perfect. What God created was "good", but not "perfect" so one could expect little imperfections.
I really ought to dig out my astronomy book...
IRQ Conflict

Post by IRQ Conflict »

What God created was "good", but not "perfect" so one could expect little imperfections.
So, you presuppose the universe was created imperfectly by God who is perfect because He saw good in it? Bah! man teaching man again.
Hellfire