Satans abilities

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Brigham
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Satans abilities

Post by Brigham »

Quick question. Does Satan have control of this world? If so how much? cuz why doesnt he make my computer glitch whenever i try to come to this site, so that i cant learn? or give Overwhelming temptation to an atheist to go sumwher far from me bcuz he knows i will argue the point for God? thx in advance. God bless!

-Brigham
Locker
Recognized Member

Re: Satans abilities

Post by Locker »

Brigham wrote:Quick question. Does Satan have control of this world? If so how much? cuz why doesnt he make my computer glitch whenever i try to come to this site, so that i cant learn? or give Overwhelming temptation to an atheist to go sumwher far from me bcuz he knows i will argue the point for God? thx in advance. God bless!

-Brigham

I read in the Bible that Satan is called 'The God Of this World' does thisd denote control?

I do not know - anyone help with this???
IRQ Conflict
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Ok, I'm shooting from the hip here and I know a lot of what I will say is 'common knowledge' but Satan being the "father of lies" and "appearing as an angel of light" should give us a few clues.

Satan and his demonic host are restricted as to what they can do by God read the story of Job.

Satan can only manipulate our way of thinking (deception) unless God authorizes him to do more.

The further we stray from the Word, the easier it is for us to belive his (Satans) half truths.

Locker, 'God of this world': to me, would denote one who is admonished and followed, worshiped. Look at the fruits of men like G.W. Bush "God told me to do it". Hitler claimed to be a Christian. What were the fruits of his efforts? Many many many examples of people claiming to do things in the name of God over the centuries. Crusades anyone?

Who's 'God' did they follow? the God of Genisis? No! the god of genecide!

Please forgive the hurried post, I find it an interesting topic and have a dinner date, so I cannot supply scripture just yet. Have a good one.

God Bless.