Night in Heaven

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Jay_7
Established Member

Night in Heaven

Post by Jay_7 »

Will there be any darkness in heaven? Darkness can look real nice sometimes, with stars etc, do you think there'll be any way of seeing darkness in heaven? Or will it just be light forever?
Mystical
Valued Member

Post by Mystical »

I don't know. But, what's this thing with there being no oceans in heaven? Or, about us not going to heaven at all, but a "new" earth?
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Re: Night in Heaven

Post by bizzt »

Jay_7 wrote:Will there be any darkness in heaven? Darkness can look real nice sometimes, with stars etc, do you think there'll be any way of seeing darkness in heaven? Or will it just be light forever?
Isn't Darkness (Pure Darkness) the Absence of Light? :wink: Stars are a source of Light... To tell you the truth I would rather have Light forever then Darkness at all!
IRQ Conflict
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Night in Heaven

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Jay_7 wrote:Will there be any darkness in heaven? Darkness can look real nice sometimes, with stars etc, do you think there'll be any way of seeing darkness in heaven? Or will it just be light forever?

I think you may be confusing the new city of Jerusalem with Heaven, although I'm not sure about Heaven but this is what revelation has to say about that city:

Rev 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
Rev 21:24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honor into it.
Rev 21:25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all, by day: for there shall be no night there.

Not to mention it's shear enormity 1500 miles cubed!

But that is the city, not the whole planet.
IRQ Conflict

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Mystical wrote:I don't know. But, what's this thing with there being no oceans in heaven? Or, about us not going to heaven at all, but a "new" earth?
Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

I think the new earth will resemble the old 'pre-flood' earth where there will be lakes and such, just 2/3 more land mass ;)

My opinion only.
Jay_7
Established Member

Post by Jay_7 »

IRQ Conflict wrote:
Mystical wrote:I don't know. But, what's this thing with there being no oceans in heaven? Or, about us not going to heaven at all, but a "new" earth?
Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

I think the new earth will resemble the old 'pre-flood' earth where there will be lakes and such, just 2/3 more land mass ;)

My opinion only.
Might be a bigger earth too, but why a new earth? Why cant God just create heaven as one big place..
IRQ Conflict

Post by IRQ Conflict »

I believe the 'heaven' that God talks about may be in another dimension of existance.

I think it is writen that after all iniquty has been vanquished that God will in effect hit the reset button on everything so that all will be new and without spot or blemish.

Satans fall defiled the realm God now resides in and mans fall destroyed (with sin) this realm. So I suppose thats why the change. I know there are scriptures to back this up, It's 1:30am here and my eys are crossed, so I'll look it up later ;)
Fisherman
Recognized Member

Post by Fisherman »

Think I'd be allowed to fly planes there? If so, maybe there won't be any crosswind landings or engine outs. :D I know. I probably won't care about airplanes there. ;)
Ain't what I otta be, Ain’t what I wanta be, Ain't what I could be, Image

But, thank God, I Ain't what I used to be, And, Praise God, I, Ain't what I'm gonna be! :D
Jay_7
Established Member

Post by Jay_7 »

Fisherman wrote:Think I'd be allowed to fly planes there? If so, maybe there won't be any crosswind landings or engine outs. :D I know. I probably won't care about airplanes there. ;)
Haha. :lol:
But i hope there is some fun activities to do up there except sitting and talking forever.
August
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

Fisherman wrote:Think I'd be allowed to fly planes there? If so, maybe there won't be any crosswind landings or engine outs. :D I know. I probably won't care about airplanes there. ;)
Hopefully you get a set of wings for yourself. :)
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
IRQ Conflict

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Psa 5:11 But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.
Psa 5:12 For thou, LORD, wilt bless the righteous; with favor wilt thou compass him as with a shield.

1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither, have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Somehow I think Trains, planes and automobiles will hold little interest in the days to come ;)