little help plz

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Brigham
Recognized Member
Christian: No

little help plz

Post by Brigham »

hi, som1 asked me: "Do animals go to heaven?" and is it wrong to "murder" (put down an animal that is dying", you know "Thy shall not murder" , does that count for animals too?

I know animals are here for our use, and i dont think they go to heaven, but i dont know specifically wher any of it is in the bible, so could som1 help me out a little in answering this guy? Thx.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Sorry to simply link off, but limited time right now... there is an alright article Do Animals Have Souls? which you may be interested to read.

Kurieuo
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Jay_7
Established Member

Post by Jay_7 »

Theres also this: http://www.ourchurch.com/member/w/w_lasalle/

Im not sure which too believe yet, i haven;t decided.
Brigham
Recognized Member

Post by Brigham »

thx guys
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

Well I can answer from my own conscience for you. Killing animals isn't murder. I'm not guilty after hunting, or destroying a sick animal.

I will also answer from the Bible. God gave the animals to us for food. He said post flood, "You may eat any moving thing that lives. As I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything. But you must not eat meat with its life (that is, its blood) in it."

This would sort of be intrapment if God said go eat it, and than punished us for "murdering" the animals.
Iggy
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Iggy »

Ok, theres a movie out about this subject. it's about this dog who dies and goes to heaven, comes back to earth to settle unfinished business and goes back to heave. you may have seen it, it's called "all dogs go to heaven" so to answer your question, YES, animals go to heaven. 8) i know on this forum somewhere it has the verse that says all animals have knowledge of the father... so i guess they know God and accept God, so yes i'd think they go to heaven.

on the subject of hunting... it depends WHY you are hunting. if you do it for sport and to mount a bucks head above your fireplace, that's murder. if you do it for the food and maybe used the fur for clothing (not done so much anymore) or a blanket and you're respectful about it... like not throwing the remains in the dumpster like its nothin, then thats fine. because God said to eat the moving things...
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

Iggy wrote:Ok, theres a movie out about this subject. it's about this dog who dies and goes to heaven, comes back to earth to settle unfinished business and goes back to heave. you may have seen it, it's called "all dogs go to heaven" so to answer your question, YES, animals go to heaven. 8) i know on this forum somewhere it has the verse that says all animals have knowledge of the father... so i guess they know God and accept God, so yes i'd think they go to heaven.

on the subject of hunting... it depends WHY you are hunting. if you do it for sport and to mount a bucks head above your fireplace, that's murder. if you do it for the food and maybe used the fur for clothing (not done so much anymore) or a blanket and you're respectful about it... like not throwing the remains in the dumpster like its nothin, then thats fine. because God said to eat the moving things...
:)

Can you get me those Scriptures if possible?
SUGAAAAA
Established Member

Post by SUGAAAAA »

will animals have a purpose in heaven?? maybe not...

im not sure though. If I had to guess, i would say yes, all of God's creatures go with God. tough im sure many who dont believe in the soul will disagree.

I know of no scripture that will back me up, so, its just an assumption.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
Iggy
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Iggy »

what part do you want scripture on? thre is nothing about the movie in the bible, it's a disney classic!

the thing with animals having knowledge, i'll find it...

and the hunting thing is just my opinion...