Hey- questions :)

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Post Reply
Jay_7
Established Member
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:27 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Hey- questions :)

#1

Post by Jay_7 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:37 am

Hey everyone im new :)

Just some questions of the heap i have,

Firstly, when someone dies, how can they go to hell if they dont accept Jesus? Because what if they lived longer and they ended up accepting God? Do you know what i mean?

And does our soul control us or our brain? Because if our brain does then why would our soul go to hell? And how about mentally sick people? Will they go to hell?

Also i always find myself thinking God may not be real, will i go to hell for that? Because i kind of 85% beleive in 15% dont lol, it's stupid how i have doubts because i hear of so many stories and proof that God must be real, not proof proof but things that make me think hes got to be real, but i still have doubts.. oh and another question i just thought of is how did God know how many people will end up being born on Earth? what i mean si how did he konw how many souls he had to make?

Btw sorry for all the questions :) i just got alot on my mind. :D

User avatar
ryo dokomi
Established Member
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:10 am
Christian: No
Location: Mizu no kuni o kirigakure no sato
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

#2

Post by ryo dokomi » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:56 am

welcome Jay_7 to the forum. no problem about the questions, you just ask whatever you have on your mind.
Jay_7 wrote:Firstly, when someone dies, how can they go to hell if they dont accept Jesus?
that is obvious, they didnt except Him, and believe that He is the Christ, the Son the the Living God. they go to Hell because not excepting Him is rejecting the redemption that he provided, he freely gives the Blessing of salvation, but we have to recieve it to be saved from Hell.
Jay_7 wrote:Because what if they lived longer and they ended up accepting God? Do you know what i mean?
i dont really understand the question, but i think what you mean is this...if they except Him even on their death bed, milli seconds before they die, they will be saved, the cut off time of salvation is your fleshly death.
Jay_7 wrote:And does our soul control us or our brain?
no, our soul is not our brain, nor our spirit. the soul is usually known as our emotions and such. the brain is what controls our flesh, our spirit controls our spirit.
Jay_7 wrote:Because if our brain does then why would our soul go to hell?
because Hell is a place of spirit not flesh. our flesh will turn to dust, but our spirit will go to the eternal spirit place that it goes to, either Heaven or Hell.
Jay_7 wrote:And how about mentally sick people? Will they go to hell?
dont know for sure, however the requirement, so to speak, of excepting Christ still applies to all men. from my experience, many of the 'mental' people in the mental heath centers are actually men and women that are possesed. people just dont understand this nowadays because to them, God doesnt exsist and there is no such thing as demons that posses people. (not saying all mentally unstable people are possesed.)
Jay_7 wrote:how did God know how many people will end up being born on Earth? what i mean si how did he konw how many souls he had to make?
God is all Knowing...that is the bottom line. :)
Therefore, submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. James 4:7

it is all about submitting before God, then, and only then, will we have the promise given in Luke 10:19

Mystical
Valued Member
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:51 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#3

Post by Mystical » Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:59 pm

1)The time people have to accept is the time people have on earth. I've also heard, "God knows if they would have accepted had they died later." Not too sure about that.

2)Our soul is the essence of who we are. It uses our brain to interact with this world.

3)It's not whether you believe in God or not that saves you, but whether you've surrendered your life to Him.

4)I don't think God creates souls continuously. I think when two people mate and create a child, their souls mate as well (there's a name for this but I forgot what it was). God knows how many souls will be created.

User avatar
SUGAAAAA
Established Member
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:42 pm
Christian: No
Location: California
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#4

Post by SUGAAAAA » Wed Dec 14, 2005 8:17 pm

I just wanted to point out that your (Jay) first question is answered in 2 Corinthians 6:2

"I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation."
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.

Jay_7
Established Member
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:27 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#5

Post by Jay_7 » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:17 pm

Thanks for the replys :D

Just another thing, how can something God created turn evil? Cant he make it in their nature not to turn evil? On earth people say sinning is temptation by the devil, but how was he tempted? Also is it an unfair advantage people brought up with christian parents then people brought up by athiest?

Some weird questions now lol. If theres nothing like dust and stuff in heaven, will we have no eye brows? :lol: will their be any shade? lol

Mystical
Valued Member
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:51 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#6

Post by Mystical » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:18 pm

How can something God created turn evil? Cant he make it their nature not to turn evil?
He didn't. I'm sure He could have, but He wanted us to choose for ourselves whether to love Him or not. If we didn't have a choice, then we couldn't really love.
...how was he [the devil] tempted?
No one really knows. He was filled with envy. He wanted to be better than God (or equal to Him). You can't really compare us to the angels (we're totally different beings).
...is it an unfair advantage people brought up with christian parents then people brought up by athiest?
Life isn't fair. Besides, I know many Christians who grew-up as atheists, and many atheists that grew-up as Christians.

Jay_7
Established Member
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:27 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#7

Post by Jay_7 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:57 pm

Thanks alot for the answers, they make sence :D

Mystical
Valued Member
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:51 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#8

Post by Mystical » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:01 pm

:D

Jay_7
Established Member
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:27 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#9

Post by Jay_7 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:05 pm

How about those other quetions lol. Will we have eyebrows in Heaven if theres no dust that will demage our eyes? And will there be any shade? stupid questions i know, but interesting :)

User avatar
SUGAAAAA
Established Member
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:42 pm
Christian: No
Location: California
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#10

Post by SUGAAAAA » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:29 pm

from what I understand, only your spirit goes to heaven so you dont have to worry about things like eyebrows, or even the physical laws of this universe.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.

Jay_7
Established Member
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:27 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#11

Post by Jay_7 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:36 pm

SUGAAAAA wrote:from what I understand, only your spirit goes to heaven so you dont have to worry about things like eyebrows, or even the physical laws of this universe.
Yeah, but then what will you look like? And what about when our bodies get ressurected?

User avatar
Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:44 pm
Christian: No
Location: Oregon
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#12

Post by Believer » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:06 am

Jay_7 wrote:
SUGAAAAA wrote:from what I understand, only your spirit goes to heaven so you dont have to worry about things like eyebrows, or even the physical laws of this universe.
Yeah, but then what will you look like? And what about when our bodies get ressurected?
That will be a mystery for your first question, but I believe we will sense where we are without having anything physically spiritual like, if you can imagine looking out your eyes without seeing yourself but having spiritual senses (like physical). When our bodies get resurrected, I believe we will look physically different and much better than what we are now :D.

Jay_7
Established Member
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:27 am
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#13

Post by Jay_7 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:19 am

Believer wrote:
Jay_7 wrote:
SUGAAAAA wrote:from what I understand, only your spirit goes to heaven so you dont have to worry about things like eyebrows, or even the physical laws of this universe.
Yeah, but then what will you look like? And what about when our bodies get ressurected?
That will be a mystery for your first question, but I believe we will sense where we are without having anything physically spiritual like, if you can imagine looking out your eyes without seeing yourself but having spiritual senses (like physical). When our bodies get resurrected, I believe we will look physically different and much better than what we are now :D.
Cool :) Hopefully lol. But wouldnt i be better if we could see ourselfs, how will we know where our friends are etc

User avatar
Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:44 pm
Christian: No
Location: Oregon
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

#14

Post by Believer » Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:01 am

Jay_7 wrote:
Believer wrote:
Jay_7 wrote:
SUGAAAAA wrote:from what I understand, only your spirit goes to heaven so you dont have to worry about things like eyebrows, or even the physical laws of this universe.
Yeah, but then what will you look like? And what about when our bodies get ressurected?
That will be a mystery for your first question, but I believe we will sense where we are without having anything physically spiritual like, if you can imagine looking out your eyes without seeing yourself but having spiritual senses (like physical). When our bodies get resurrected, I believe we will look physically different and much better than what we are now :D.
Cool :) Hopefully lol. But wouldnt i be better if we could see ourselfs, how will we know where our friends are etc
Sorry, I forgot to mention that our new bodies upon resurrection, will be that not of pure physical likeness we have now, my mistake :?. As for the friends issue, I am led to believe that all people in Heaven will be our friends, I really don't think there will be groups of friends because that would be an earthly thing and we are supposed to converse with each other about the greatness of God. God will be the one we look up to in Heaven, every knee shall bow. He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, God/Jesus is soooo much more than the kings and lords we have had throughout time.

I do think it would be nice to see ourselves, but based on my speculation only, I believe that we may be invisible to ourselves but not to others. It's weird, but it is fun to think of what is possible :wink:.

Post Reply