Evangelical

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Mystical
Valued Member

Evangelical

Post by Mystical »

What is an evangelical church? Aren't all churches evangelical?
bob2010
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Post by bob2010 »

from the TWeb glossary:
A recent major movement within Christianity which places heavy emphasis upon the supreme authority of Scriptures and the atoning death of Jesus Christ. It is different from Fundamentalism due to its intentional interaction with the non-Christian world and because it split off from the Fundamentalist movement of the early 1900s.
Mystical
Valued Member

Post by Mystical »

Are most non-denominational Christian churches evangelical? How are Fundamentalists different? How do they intentionally interact with the non-Christian world?
bob2010
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Post by bob2010 »

i dont know if most non-denominational churches are evangelical.
fundamentalist churches may have a practice called double seperation, in which the members do not associate with non-Christians or with Christians who do associate with non-Christians. thats the big difference between a fundamentalist church and an evangelical church.
Mystical
Valued Member

Post by Mystical »

Okay. Thank-you. Someone asked me recently if my church was evangelical and I couldn't answer them! :oops: It won't happen again.