revenge

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

stixandstones wrote:Gotcha, now it makes perfect sense and I am inclined to agree with you. Although It would be nice to have a ladder out of hell...lmao
I agree, and their is. I understand, yes, it would be nice but not Just.
Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by Believer »

Jbuza wrote:
Judah wrote:Well said, Deborah!
God forgives and wipes clean the slate. Why keeping going back over a slate that has nothing on it to read? Christ paid the price and now wants us to move on, not wallow in past sins.
There are spirits that are gonna keep bringing it back up so we don't forget it. But I agree, it is as far as the east is from the west, God will remember it no more.

Mark 3:29 - But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

Luke 12:10 - And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

Thinker, I don't see where it says that if one blaspheme the Holy Ghost that they will be cast in the lake of fire. The scripture in Mark indicates that salvation may still come to those who do that. The Holy Spirit is responsible for all the good in us, and is the spirit that directs the actions of Jesus. Trust these things.
Well, I always shy away from re-reading my past from that scripture, as this blasphemy of the Holy Spirit was an act of mental illness and other factors that I wish I never had that lasted consistently for 1-2 weeks in my thoughts and once said outloud to myself because I thought the thoughts would go away if I said it with my mouth. But as I understand it, it has to be done publicly in front of people, like the Pharisees, which I didn't do, and that you reject Christ for life, which I don't do, I seek Him and I find. A verse in Matthew also talks about it as well on the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Both Mark and Luke as well as Matthew say you shall or will not be forgiven in this age/world or the age/world to come which implies Jesus won't forgive of that unpardonable/unforgivable sin. Mark mentions in the verse supplied "in danger of eternal damnation", which means to me that hell is now fate, and I have no hope. Maybe I am wrong. I dunno.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

Thinker wrote:
Jbuza wrote:
Judah wrote:Well said, Deborah!
God forgives and wipes clean the slate. Why keeping going back over a slate that has nothing on it to read? Christ paid the price and now wants us to move on, not wallow in past sins.
There are spirits that are gonna keep bringing it back up so we don't forget it. But I agree, it is as far as the east is from the west, God will remember it no more.

Mark 3:29 - But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

Luke 12:10 - And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

Thinker, I don't see where it says that if one blaspheme the Holy Ghost that they will be cast in the lake of fire. The scripture in Mark indicates that salvation may still come to those who do that. The Holy Spirit is responsible for all the good in us, and is the spirit that directs the actions of Jesus. Trust these things.
Well, I always shy away from re-reading my past from that scripture, as this blasphemy of the Holy Spirit was an act of mental illness and other factors that I wish I never had that lasted consistently for 1-2 weeks in my thoughts and once said outloud to myself because I thought the thoughts would go away if I said it with my mouth. But as I understand it, it has to be done publicly in front of people, like the Pharisees, which I didn't do, and that you reject Christ for life, which I don't do, I seek Him and I find. A verse in Matthew also talks about it as well on the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. Both Mark and Luke as well as Matthew say you shall or will not be forgiven in this age/world or the age/world to come which implies Jesus won't forgive of that unpardonable/unforgivable sin. Mark mentions in the verse supplied "in danger of eternal damnation", which means to me that hell is now fate, and I have no hope. Maybe I am wrong. I dunno.
Thinker, Even if these things be true, and God won;t forgive that, trust that he is a righteous judge. Does these three versus mean that God is not obligated to provide prefectly to you all the other promises he made by his word? Don't you think Satan or his deamon was laughing the whole time he was whispering that thought in your ear? I called my brother a fool once, and I know that the human heart is desparetly wicked, I know I got one. That doesn't release God from being obligated to give me a crown of life as he promised to me and those who find Jesus and receive his mind and spirit. Beleive the promises of God

2 Peter 1:4 - Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by Felgar »

Also keep in mind that I believe even the Bible makes it very clear that blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is not a single event. Rather, it is the continual rejection of God and His holiness. Consider Paul, who at one time was spitting on Christians and killing them; I think we can be fairly sure he was certainly openly mocking Christians, God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.

There was an article posted about the duality of forgiveness which may come into play here - that particular article really got me thinking.(maybe someone can post it again) I am not certain about the theology here, but consider that from God's view we ARE forgiven. "For a time will come when I will remember their sins no more." So when we reject Jesus' teachings and sin, we are forgiven. Yet, it is up to us to come back to God and choose heaven where God will welcome us. It's like the Prodigal Son - he was forgiven by his father before he ever returned home - though he couldn't experience that forgiveness and join his Father's banquet until he came home. Rejecting the Holy Spirit is the decision that "I don't want God or what He offers; I will not relinquish my sin and allow the Holy Spirit (the manifestation of God's holiness) to affect me.

I caution that the above is just a concept that I'm currently developing...