The pope now teaches people to accept homosexual people. What are your thoughts Christians?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 42 times

Re: The pope now teaches people to accept homosexual people. What are your thoughts Christians?

Post by Stu » Mon May 24, 2021 10:23 am

Challenger007 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 11:20 pm
Stu wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 3:23 am
Challenger007 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:09 am
Howwow1993 wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:46 am
I am genuinely interested in hearing about what Christians think about homosexuality, now that the pope teaches people to be accepting individuals who are homosexual or bisexual.

How your belief been changed since then?
I take it absolutely calmly. I have no right to condemn anyone for their preferences. As they say, do not judge and you will not be judged. I succumb to prejudice. As long as no one imposes their views on me, I am calm about these very views.
That is not at all what Jesus taught.

Adulterers, drunkards and yes homosexuals will not inherit the kingdom of God. It's that simple. Do not preach luke warm liberal man-made Christianity, you have to tell it like it is. Hell is a real place and Jesus mentioned it the most in the Bible. Jesus was a fire and brimstone teacher as were the apostles, they pulled no punches because the resting place of your eternal soul was on the line.
As for me, this is all manipulation of the church. The church has always denied what it cannot understand. You are referring to the teachings of Christ, but are you sure that his speeches were not edited by anyone to please church politics? Many centuries have passed.
All scripture is of God. If you don't believe that then ANYTHING in the Bible can be questioned. You can make anything up you want if it offends your emotional/political/ethical sensibilities. The Bible becomes meaningless.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 King James Version
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.