Natural Evil Slideshow

Discuss strengths and weaknesses of new pages added to the God And Science website
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Natural Evil Slideshow

Post by Gman »

Rich has provided us yet another gem of a slideshow... I think this is one of his best yet. If you aren't a progressive creationists yet, you may perhaps consider it after seeing this. :clap:

http://www.godandscience.org/ppt/Natural_Evil.html

Audio portion here..

http://www.paradoxes.org/audio/paradoxes-2009-10-18.mp3

Comments?
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Natural Evil Slideshow

Post by 1over137 »

I'd like to post several comments.
Collision required early in the history of the solar system (provided needed materials).
Collisions must not occur at high frequency after establishment of higher life forms.
... and much more things God had to take care of.

Well, it seems to me like God had to calculate almost infinitely many things so that finally life could appear. As I am thinking about this, it then means God knew the motion of every comet, every tiny rock, every particle, every molecule, every atom. Amazing. I said 'knew' because I am no more sure that God knows about the motion of every thing, since life got the free will.
2. Appearance of the light of the Sun through the clouds (Genesis 1:3)
6. First appearance of the sun, moon, and stars through the clouds (Genesis 1:14)
I have a little problem here. Sun is first mentioned in verse 3. Then why is it mentioned again in verse 14? I am looking at the Genesis as some sequence of happenings and therefore this little problem.
The physical laws of the universe tell of God's righteousness and judgement. Psalm 50:6, 97:6
I don't see how heavens declare righteousness.
The NT is the only religious work to describe the creation of the universe from the extra dimensions (Hebrews 11:3).
Is that really what is written in the verse 3? Interesting. But how seen things in our three dimensions could be made of unvisible things from extra dimensions? What we see then is the projection.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Very good slide show. It reinforces many things I've heard before, and summarizes them into a readable format.

I only found one problem: on slide 8, lightning was spelled incorrectly :shakehead: .

Great summary of many reasons why I believe progressive creationism best explains how we are here.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

RickD wrote:
I only found one problem: on slide 8, lightning was spelled incorrectly :shakehea
There's the finicky Rick I love :)
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

RickD wrote:Very good slide show. It reinforces many things I've heard before, and summarizes them into a readable format.

I only found one problem: on slide 8, lightning was spelled incorrectly :shakehead: .
Good for you. You can then have a good sleep. (Contrary to me).

P.S. I also find the slideshow interesting. I already picked up some verses I liked.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart