Have any of you ever read this:
1. Homosexuality is not natural, much like eyeglasses, polyester, and birth control are not natural.
2. Heterosexual marriages are valid because they produce children. Infertile couples and old people cannot get legally married because the orphanages aren't full yet!
3. Obviously gay parents will raise gay children because straight parents only raise straight children.
4. Straight marriage will be less meaningful, since Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage was meaningful.
5. Heterosexual marriage has been around for a long time, and it hasn't changed at all: women are property, Blacks can't marry Whites, and divorce is illegal.
6. Gay marriage should be decided by the people, not the courts, because the majority-elected legislatures, not courts, have historically protected the rights of minorities.
7. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are always imposed on the entire country. That's why we only have one religion in America.
8. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people makes you tall.
9. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage license.
10. Children can never succeed without both male and female role models at home. That's why single parents are forbidden to raise children.
11. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society. Heterosexual marriage has been around for a long time, and we could never adapt to new social norms because we haven't adapted to cars or longer lifespans.
12. Civil unions, providing most of the same benefits as marriage with a different name are better, because a "separate but equal" institution is always constitutional. Separate schools for African-Americans worked just as well as separate marriages will for gays & lesbians.
See, I don't know but in my opinion, everybody opposed to same-sex marriage seems to have some sort of strrange reasoning way they think what they think is right.
And a lot of the time, it isn't. There are A LOT of people in my school who are like 'Oh yeah gay boys are okay but lesbians aren't because they'd try to come on to me and i'd just f*cking slap them' And I feel like saying, 'No. Don't worry. They will not be attracted to you.'
But people have these stupid thought in their minds and the thought just stays there and gathers momentum and then the person is so stubborn that they can't just look and see how wrong they are about everything.
As it was said before we have civil partnerships here, and i think it works well, or at least gay people seem content with it
And i doubt very much that denying people their rights is 'what God prefers', Mrs cslewislover.
It's not a choice, it really isn't. And God would probably like us to spread the love, and not to discriminate. And if that love is between two people of the same sex, that's absolutely fine by me
I turned fifteen two weeks ago, and i think i could be gay.
Better still, I think that could be okay.