Origin of Life Theories: Metabolism-first vs. Replicator

Discuss strengths and weaknesses of new pages added to the God And Science website
Rich
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Origin of Life Theories: Metabolism-first vs. Replicator

Post by Rich »

Origin of Life Theories: Metabolism-first vs. Replicator-first Hypotheses

This is a somewhat technical examination of origin of life theories, intended for hardcore origin of life adherents.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Origin of Life Theories: Metabolism-first vs. Replicator

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Wow, Rich.

I'll be the first to admit that about 80% of the article flies right over my head and my ability to comprehend.

It seems to me though that it is an important issue to address in the scientific community. Some might point to the idea that the lack of an agreed upon Origin of Life Theory is a God of the Gaps argument. However, if there's a positive way to state it in terms of what is known fitting better with the creationist account that's another matter.

Some of this seems to hit the areas that moved Antony Flew from Atheism to Deism.

Thanks for the continued work you're doing. I'm glad there are people like you who are doing more than just philosophying about things and getting down into the nuts and bolts.

Bart
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender