Prayers about work

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Prayers about work

Post by Kurieuo »

Guys, seems like I'll soon have a big cut in income. Been in my own business a number of years, kind of got locked in to helping one big client with their Internet marketing. Was pretty full on and kept me busy, and it paid for a lot. Now it's going bye bye, so really in a month or so, income will essentially drop big time. That said, we're about to get into another related business, in a direction I felt God leading me for sometime, and took steps towards this year. I'm not really afraid, I've been in this position twice in past at crucial times in life, and had the same peace I feel now just trusting in God who blessed me in life at those times. I trust everything will again work out, and now I get to demonstrate trusting in Christ to my kids. While uncertain times, feels like a big burden has been lifted and a new chapter in my life is about to start. If anything, I feel more excited than fearful of what's going to happen in my life next. I believe in many here as being powerful Christians, so your prayers are welcome.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Prayers about work

Post by 1over137 »

You have my prayers, Scott.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Scott, could you pray for me concerning work as well? That my brain starts functioning better. Thank you.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Praying for good work with sufficient income (and hoping you still have time to write some long posts ;) )
Philip
Site Owner
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Philip »

Prayers for you both, Scott, Hana!
Nicki: ... and hoping you still have time to write some long posts ;)
Now that you mention it, maybe we should pray that Scott's future endeavors keep him VERY busy! LOL
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Philip wrote:Prayers for you both, Scott, Hana!
Nicki: ... and hoping you still have time to write some long posts ;)
Now that you mention it, maybe we should pray that Scott's future endeavors keep him VERY busy! LOL
Geez, anyone would think he's addicted to posting or something :econfused:

http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 39&t=40304

:P
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Maybe I'll have more time for posts! :) So long as I can keep my house and like.

Hana, you're often in my thoughts. I know you're in such a hard spot and I hate just saying words. Wish I could do something more than words to help? You are so strong, even if your mind is a mess at the moment. I pray things start looking up.

I hope you have support of others around you. If you have the motivation, try keep going to your church that you found / remain in contact with other Christians -- because you really need others around you to support, and for its faults I see, churches are often good at this.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

scott, thank you.
i regularly visit my church, it is my church
some already went with me for small hike
nature is great

now, back to you
y[-o<

#foreverinmyheart
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Well,an update. Things are quite tough at the moment, Plan A is not working out as I'd hoped. I'm kind of at a crossroad in my life. Thankfully, I've got some savings, but I really don't know right now. I normally have a clear direction that I see to go in, but it seems that direction has just been shut down. Please pray I figure out or receive some direction. It's a lot harder when you just don't know what to do.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Kurieuo wrote:Well,an update. Things are quite tough at the moment, Plan A is not working out as I'd hoped. I'm kind of at a crossroad in my life. Thankfully, I've got some savings, but I really don't know right now. I normally have a clear direction that I see to go in, but it seems that direction has just been shut down. Please pray I figure out or receive some direction. It's a lot harder when you just don't know what to do.
Got a scripture for you....

2 Chronicles 20:12

I think of this one when I'm in a situation and honestly have no clue
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:Well,an update. Things are quite tough at the moment, Plan A is not working out as I'd hoped. I'm kind of at a crossroad in my life. Thankfully, I've got some savings, but I really don't know right now. I normally have a clear direction that I see to go in, but it seems that direction has just been shut down. Please pray I figure out or receive some direction. It's a lot harder when you just don't know what to do.
Welcome to my world. I'm still trying to figure out what I wanna do when (if) I grow up!

The right door just hasn't opened up for you yet!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Thanks Nessa, RickD not so much. :P

So thinking-thinking, in those few moments that passed since. Everyone's situation is different. But, for myself, my mind is currently thinking that the fact I see no real direction means that there actually is none right now. Which means just remaining still. I don't really know how to remain still and silent within myself, and life, not right now. I've been busying myself since the kids were born, and just never been/felt still within myself. I don't know how or if I can. It seems wrong at this point and unnerving.

What does being silent look like anyway? What is it? How long? Maybe focusing more upon family, wife and kids? God? What about financials. Can I really throw that to the wind and expect it taken care of? Is trying with a little bit of work alright? I don't know. Perhaps I just need to find a new balance in life. I have found some Scripture encouraging.

Psalm 62:5-6
For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken.

Lamentations 3:24-26
24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“Therefore I have hope in Him.”
25 The Lord is good to those who wait for Him,
To the person who seeks Him.
26 It is good that he waits silently
For the salvation of the Lord.

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Isaiah 26:3
You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Rick to K: Welcome to my world. I'm still trying to figure out what I wanna do when (if) I grow up!
I'm in much the same boat, as you guys - and not quite as young as either. Wife's company is rapidly killing off U.S. programming jobs - shipping them to India, etc. So, we're in the same boat. I'll be praying for us all. The economy is still very soft in many sectors. Corporate jobs - which I loathe -all are typically going to people in their later 20s/mid-30s or so. Perhaps we all just need to stumble upon our own gigs, businesses we can create on our on. My huge question is, WHAT is that? But K, I well know your anxiety, but I also know we're not to fear. I've been convicted of late to really focus on my prayer life - which I really struggle with. Why is it so difficult?
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

I will pray for him. I understand his situation, more than most. I'm not sure what he does and would need more information in order to opine.
Blessed
Valued Member

Post by Blessed »

Philip wrote:
Rick to K: Welcome to my world. I'm still trying to figure out what I wanna do when (if) I grow up!
. My huge question is, WHAT is that? But K, I well know your anxiety, but I also know we're not to fear. I've been convicted of late to really focus on my prayer life - which I really struggle with. Why is it so difficult?

If you can find a specialized niche where supply and demand is on your side - you can charge a premium and do well at whatever it is you do.

The worst kind of business to be involved with is something everyone else is involved with.

We live in a globalized environment. It's just a fact. There are 7 billion people in the world. If you can specialize in doing something few people can there will always be someone that needs it. Nationalism and protectionism can save us from Globalism. But only if the US had a mostly self sustaining economy like it did before.

The cultures pouring into the West will work long hours, for next to nothing. 6-8 people living in a 1/1 is normal for these immigrants. I'm always flabbergasted watching libs chant for more 3rd world immigration - while they simultaneously complain of corporate greed, lower incomes high housing food rent medical costs etc. It's all supply and demand. Im just blown away how these people can't see what is so glaringly obvious to me.

I see the H1B1 cheap labor import visa thing in my job ... and I hate seeing it. But I gotta be honest. I'm a hypocrite because I outsource work to Eastern Europe. I will not hire American. The entitlements, taxes, SS, SSI, CA-SSI, red tape,PC, entitlements, HC, and work related lawsuit risks are too much. The last women I hired made me realize this. A 40k yr employee costs me almost 80k per year in California USA. Or I can pay my guys in Eastern Europe $6,000 -$12,000 yr. Zero Obama care costs. Zero taxes. Zero PC settlements for using the wrong gender pronouns. It's a no brainer.

I think specializing in a niche, for any profession or commodity (patenting it) , and going your own way by effectively marketing it online, is the best option.

I don't know anything about computers though. I do get allot of annoying phone calls from those SEO sales people though.