I need some prayers

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
HappyFlappyTheist
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

I need some prayers

Post by HappyFlappyTheist »

I don't think I've told anybody this yet but my mother died while her and I were on vacation earlier this year. I'm still very traumatized from it and it's a topic that I dream about nightly; it still haunts me. I had a psychological breakdown as this happened a few days before I started school again and I just had to put on a happy joyous face for all my relatives (and my dad) along with planning every aspect of her body's transport and burial. I just suppressed my grief for so long that it just exploded when combined with stress from school. She was a very devout Christian ( a methodist!) but that only gives me so much comfort. Indeed, i'm still very broken. I'll be doing an additional semester at W&M because I dropped some of my classes that I was failing and I've changed my major to math so I can avoid doing more than that.

So... along with this. I met this amazing -catholic- girl who I fell deeply in love with shortly after this. She brought so much joy into my life and really helped me recover mentally from all this; this relationship is now ending...in ugly fashion. I'm convinced that I ruined this; 6 months of a relationship down the drain.
I'm not really sure how to describe how i'm feeling. Before I met this person I'd have breakdowns in the middle of the night and I'd have to call my priest or some of my close friends to just to feel like somebody was still there; I felt so alone. I'm back to feeling like that.
I had an exceptionally close relationship to my mother. It's not an exaggeration to say she was my best friend on this earth. I think I replaced that lost love with a new kind of love and now that's gone...just like my mother. School is absolutely insane right now and my crumbling relationship, along with my re-found intense grief from my mothers death, is driving me near insane. I really need some prayers; i'm feeling alone and lost once again.
Last edited by HappyFlappyTheist on Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
pulvis sum
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: I need some prayers

Post by B. W. »

y[-o<
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

you are not alone.
praying for you

y@};-
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

I'm praying for you too.

Fwiw, when my Mom died 2 years ago, I lost my best friend too. She was THE person I went to when I needed someone to talk to.

I feel your pain.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony