A SUPER PRAYER for those looking for a new/better job....

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
LittleHamster
Valued Member
Christian: Yes

A SUPER PRAYER for those looking for a new/better job....

Post by LittleHamster »

"And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it." (John 14:13) -

----------------------------------------------------

Dear Heavenly Father,

I have been looking for a new/better job for so long now without any luck. You are now my one and only last hope. I ask in the name of your one and only begotten son, Jesus Christ, to be given a new job and that it will last me for the rest of my working life. I ask that this new job bring me happiness and contentment for the rest of my life and that I also bring happiness and contentment to the people around me. I ask that this new job be an easy one and that it will be convenient for me to travel to and from my place of residence. I ask that this new job bring me a better salary than my previous places of employment and that I get along with all the people that work with me.

Dear Lord Jesus, I know that through you, all things are possible. Please help me be free of any work related troubles for ever.

I have absolutely no doubt and one hundred percent total faith that this prayer will come true with the help of Christ, the Holy Spirit and our Almighty Father.

AMEN

----------------------------------------------------
Has Liked: 1111 times
Been Liked: 1111 times
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: A SUPER PRAYER for those looking for a new/better job....

Post by RickD »

Good luck with that one...God is not a vending machine. Nor is He a genie in a lamp.

When we pray in Jesus' name, we are praying, asking that God's will be done. So, when we ask in Jesus' name, we are praying under the condition that what we are asking, is God's will.

So, if it's God's will that you get an easy job, with a better salary, with happiness and contentment, that you keep for the rest of your working life, and you get along with everyone you work with, then you'll get that job, if you pray asking in Jesus' name.

If it's not God's will what you're asking, then you are praying contrary to God's will, and your prayer won't be answered.

You're better off praying that God will give you the job that He wants you to have. And He will give you the strength to work at that job.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

Thanks for the reply Rick.

From experience, if I pray for something that is not in-line with God's will, he still does it, but he does it in such a way, that it is in-line with his will.

Its Tricky !!!
Last edited by LittleHamster on Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

LittleHamster wrote:Thanks for the reply Rick.

From experience, if I pray for something that is not in-line with God's will, he still does it, but he does it in such a way, that it is in-line with his will. !!!!!!
:lol:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

Not funny ! Well ... a little bit funny.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

LittleHamster wrote:Not funny ! Well ... a little bit funny.

You got it! The prosperity gospel's god. A vending machine. Good find, Littlehamster!

-Edward R Murrow

Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

"Lord, you know that I am unhappy with my current job. You see my suffering and frustration, and I know that You came not only to give me life but abundant life. I know that You said if I ask anything in Your name in accordance with Your will, it would be done. I ask then, if it is in accordance with Your will (and I ask that this be in accordance with Your will!), that You provide me with work to relieve me of this suffering that I may be a better servant of Yours.

"Yet, as You prayed, not my will by Thy will be done. Lord, more than I ask for better employment, I ask You to teach me to serve you best in the capacity You have placed me. Teach me contentment here, and Lord, when I have learned to be a good steward of this gift, if You are so willing, I receive from Your hand freely the grace of relief in my suffering and the good thing of what I call a better job.

"Father, You gave me these desires, and I acknowledge them before You and act on them in this manner. Above all, I ask for wisdom and discernment, for I know that this is Your will. Close doors You would not have me walk through, that are not best for me. Open doors I never imagined that will bring You the most glory, for that is what I will most enjoy forever. Bless my prayers for new employment, for these new blessings, that I may bless others. And should this cup not pass, should You have me stay as I am, bless me in this work of dignity that I may be the salt and light of this world in this way, with a cheerful heart.

"I ask this in Your sovereign and infinitely generous Name, the Name of Your Son Jesus Christ, whom You have raised from the dead through whom You have granted me even now eternal life and fellowship with You. Amen"

Something like that might work, too--even if the language isn't quite so flowery. ;)
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
LittleHamster
Valued Member

Post by LittleHamster »

Thanks guys, I forgot the most important part of the prayer .... "in accordance with thy Father's will"