Need prayers for my insomnia

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Need prayers for my insomnia

Post by bippy123 »

I just got a new sales job at a small cap investment newsletter firm .
I finally got out of this other job where I was almost working for free . For some reason if my mind knows that I have to get up early the next day I get anxiety and simply can't go to sleep. If the person I was almost working for free finds out , I might be out back into the same position again (long story , it has to do with my financial situation after dad passed away and I'm also supporting a lazy younger brother who doesn't work and just basically watches tv most of the day ).

I feel like this anxiety causing insomnia is bad for my health and I feel chest pains after laying in bed all night not being able to sleep.

Any prayers would be helpful
God bless u all
Bippy
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Need prayers for my insomnia

Post by Storyteller »

I will pray that you find peace Bippy and that you can rest and sleep as you need.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

Storyteller wrote:I will pray that you find peace Bippy and that you can rest and sleep as you need.
Thank you so much Annette ,God bless u always :)
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Oh, Bippy. May God heal you and give you strength. May he also do something about younger brother.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Hi Bippy, I understand what you are saying. I have had that too. If I have any pending small pending assignment at work I can't go to sleep. If I wake up at night and see the time on the wall clock I can't sleep. So when I wake up at night I usually avoid looking at the clock.

I used to tire myself out on books, it helped occasionally.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
bippy123

Post by bippy123 »

neo-x wrote:Hi Bippy, I understand what you are saying. I have had that too. If I have any pending small pending assignment at work I can't go to sleep. If I wake up at night and see the time on the wall clock I can't sleep. So when I wake up at night I usually avoid looking at the clock.

I used to tire myself out on books, it helped occasionally.
Neo yea , it's so frustrating not to be able to sleep when I need to . We both know this feeling . I'm glad books help you my friend . For me they seem to do the opposite as they keep my mind working overtime . I have this screwed up brain that doesn't understand when it's time to shut down lol
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by Storyteller »

Reading does that to me too Bips, frustrating isn`t it?

I get nights where I just cannot switch off, especially recently! I`m lucky that I am self employed, running my own second hand bookshop though, so if I really need to I can catch up on sleep during the day.
When my mind is fizzing I just try and go with the flow, relax, and content myself with the idea that rest is almost as good as sleep.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Maybe some relaxing sleepy music would help? :(
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Bippy,

Have you tried reading the biblical book of Numbers? If you read Numbers in the KJV, I guarantee you'll be out like a light by the time you reach Zurishaddai. :sleep:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Hey, Bip! Here's my two cents: Whenever I toss and turn and realize that I am so keyed up that I am almost certain to not get to sleep - except, perhaps, that one hour before I am am supposed to get up (isn't it always when you need to get up that then the zzzzzzzzzzzs kick in?) - what I do is take two 24 mgs of Benedryl and it's no time before "Goodnight Irene!" Works like a charm and I'll sleep like a rock! I never toss and turn for any length of time, no matter how keyed up I am, if I do this. Benedryl is cheap, works fast (especially in capsule form), and it's non-addictive. I only take two capsules if I can sleep at least 7 hours. If I have to be up in, say, 4 or 5 hours, I'll only take one 25 mg. But I've learned that as soon as I know I'm gonna struggle for quite a while before I MIGHT get to sleep, I'll hit the Benedryl immediately. But, typically, I'm a head on the pillow and usually in la-la land within three minutes. If I can't get to sleep within half an hour, I know it's not going to get any easier to do so.

As for lazy little brother - sounds like it's time for some tough love. He needs to be given a deadline to either pull his weight or "hit the road, Jack!" That's not cruel, it's just that you can't let him drag you down with him. It may have been crucial to live with him in the aftermath of your dad's "death," but generally, it's a bad idea to live with family. Especially as you've had such serious, recent health challenges. I'll keep you in my prayers!

Philip