Issues at work

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Issues at work

Post by RickD »

Hi all,

I work for a government contractor, and the contract was won by a different company. So, as of January 1, the new company will be taking over, and hiring who they want to hire. I was kind of the appointed spokesperson that spoke up to the incoming managers, about the issues with our old company and its upper management. I have a feeling it's going to get back to my managers that I was the one who spoke up.

Now, I'm not afraid of losing my job. God has always been good, and He has always provided for my family and me.

What I ask is that you pray that I will have the strength to speak up about what needs to be said. But also that I will have the discernment to know what not to say.

Thanks all :D
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Issues at work

Post by PaulSacramento »

If you can't say what you mean, you will never mean what you say.
Be strong and follow your heart and listen to HIM, He never guides us to the wrong path.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

May God give you wisdom and discernment.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Yes Rick, praying for you, God be with you, Amen.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

RickD wrote:What I ask is that you pray that I will have the strength to speak up about what needs to be said. But also that I will have the discernment to know what not to say.
Never mind about saying stuff to upper management that will just go in one ear and come out the next. SLASH THEIR TIRES!

I normally don't pray for people and worldly stuff, but I'll make an exception for you.

FL :D
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote:Hi all,

I work for a government contractor, and the contract was won by a different company. So, as of January 1, the new company will be taking over, and hiring who they want to hire. I was kind of the appointed spokesperson that spoke up to the incoming managers, about the issues with our old company and its upper management. I have a feeling it's going to get back to my managers that I was the one who spoke up.

Now, I'm not afraid of losing my job. God has always been good, and He has always provided for my family and me.

What I ask is that you pray that I will have the strength to speak up about what needs to be said. But also that I will have the discernment to know what not to say.

Thanks all :D
Wow, you traitor.

I hope the new company is paying you good money. Time to try and swap ships I think? ;)
Seriously, I haven't come across any good upper management anywhere.
I've heard rumours that such exists though.

One of the reasons I went into business myself.
Thankfully, it's started working out in recent years.
God willing that will continue.

Really, just say the truth. If they don't like it, what you think, then they don't like you.
Most likely, they'd probably see you sold them out. That's not going to go down well. Anything else you say will just be white noise.

So... I pray that you have some understanding people, and really that God will take care of you regardless.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Rick, I'll definitely pray over this situation. Been there, unfortunately. Just don't say anything merely to vent, out of anger, however tempting. Only address important issues that could be constructive. Try to be as professional and diplomatic as possible, given the history and circumstances.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Just got an offer letter from the new company. It's a drop in pay, and part time instead of full time.

I guess my big mouth got me in trouble.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Sorry to heat that Rick, sounds like they might be covering their butts - instead of outright getting rid of you.

How tied to location are you? Are you willing to relocate?
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

I hope Rick, that one day you find a place where your sincerety will be valued.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:Rick, I'll definitely pray over this situation. Been there, unfortunately. Just don't say anything merely to vent, out of anger, however tempting. Only address important issues that could be constructive. Try to be as professional and diplomatic as possible, given the history and circumstances.
That's what gets me Philip. Everything I say is constructive. It's all said to make the workplace more efficient. To get the job done better. But they're just so completely out of touch with all of us. For example, something needed to get fixed, and I offered to fix it myself. I told the government person who oversees our company, that I could fix it in a week by myself. I've worked there for 4 years, and I'm extremely familiar with how it works. But instead, they hired 4 out of state workers to come in for 8 weeks to try to fix the problem. After paying salaries, rental cars, hotels, food allowances, flights, etc., it ended up costing our company over $30k. And when they left, it was no better than before they started. $30k in taxpayer money down the drain. When I could've fixed it on a week for only the cost of my paycheck. The system they implemented failed. The people they brought in had no idea what they were doing.

This is the inept management I have to deal with.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Apparently there was a mistake in the system. That's why I was offered a different position than I should've been. My site manager said that they will rectify the situation as soon as they can.

Although it was priceless to see the look on each person's face when I told them what position I was offered. :lol:

My manager's manager apparently didn't know what my current position was. As soon as I told my manager, he ran to his manager to try to fix it. Picture the three stooges golfing, and you'll get the idea about how bad they are.

-Edward R Murrow

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

RickD wrote:Apparently there was a mistake in the system. That's why I was offered a different position than I should've been. My site manager said that they will rectify the situation as soon as they can.

Although it was priceless to see the look on each person's face when I told them what position I was offered. :lol:

My manager's manager apparently didn't know what my current position was. As soon as I told my manager, he ran to his manager to try to fix it. Picture the three stooges golfing, and you'll get the idea about how bad they are.
:lol:
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Nothing makes you more popular with management than pointing out its incompetence! :lol: You should go far there, Rick!
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Just wait until you become management.
Then you'll start wondering whether you are looking like a clown. ;)