A tradegic loss

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

A tradegic loss

Post by melanie »

A semi-trailer truck become uncoupled today and sent its trailer into oncoming traffic, my cousin and her 4yr old son were in its path, a 56 yr old women not known to me was the first to perish followed by my cousin and her boy, when the trailer landed on her car. She leaves behind her husband, who has lost his wife and only child, her sister that has lost her only sibling and deeply cherished nephew and my aunty that has lost her daughter and grandson. We are devasted, saddened beyond words and all I can ask for are your prayers.
Byblos
Old School

Re: A tradegic loss

Post by Byblos »

Wow, so sorry for your loss Melanie. y[-o<
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

You and your family are in our prayers may Our Lord strengthen you and yours in this very difficult time.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

I'm so sorry Melanie. y[-o<
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
SeekingSanctuary
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by SeekingSanctuary »

I'm really sorry for what happened. If you need to talk I'm here.
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Thankyou for your thoughts and prayers.
Just happened today, so in time I will get over the shock and the real grief will set in.
My cousin who passed Lisa was beautiful and kind, generous and patient. Her FB has been flooded with countless condolences and heartfelt grief and praise on her character, joy she shared with others and how blessed people felt to know her, as for her son jack, he was 4, so he was nothing short of a pure blessing and a beautiful child.
But she was not a Christian, she believed in a god, but hadn't worked out how to reconcile this with herself. But she was the most loving wife and devoted mother. She wasn't perfect but a damn good human being. I'm left with questions as to where this leaves her spiritually.
She wasn't born again but a beautiful kind soul, and ironically a lot more decent and authentic than many Christians I've known.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

melanie wrote:Thankyou for your thoughts and prayers.
Just happened today, so in time I will get over the shock and the real grief will set in.
My cousin who passed Lisa was beautiful and kind, generous and patient. Her FB has been flooded with countless condolences and heartfelt grief and praise on her character, joy she shared with others and how blessed people felt to know her, as for her son jack, he was 4, so he was nothing short of a pure blessing and a beautiful child.
But she was not a Christian, she believed in a god, but hadn't worked out how to reconcile this with herself. But she was the most loving wife and devoted mother. She wasn't perfect but a damn good human being. I'm left with questions as to where this leaves her spiritually.
She wasn't born again but a beautiful kind soul, and ironically a lot more decent and authentic than many Christians I've known.
My wife's name is Lisa...
We must trust that Christ KNOWS who are His, even if they themselves may not know it.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

melanie wrote:She wasn't born again...
Then, this is an eternal tragedy. May this loss impress upon all of us the importance of leading the unsaved to Christ.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

May the Lord comfort you in your sadness and grief. So sorry to hear about this.
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bippy123 »

melanie wrote:A semi-trailer truck become uncoupled today and sent its trailer into oncoming traffic, my cousin and her 4yr old son were in its path, a 56 yr old women not known to me was the first to perish followed by my cousin and her boy, when the trailer landed on her car. She leaves behind her husband, who has lost his wife and only child, her sister that has lost her only sibling and deeply cherished nephew and my aunty that has lost her daughter and grandson. We are devasted, saddened beyond words and all I can ask for are your prayers.
Oh My Gosh Melanie, I am so sorry my friend :crying: . There are no words for how I feel about this. My prayers are with you all ,especially her husband and her son. :crying:
If you ever need to talk or vent you have a brother here ok? :(
I am so so sorry for your Loss
May God watch over you and them during this most horrible time :crying:
bippy
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Melanie, my dear, I grief with you. I will pray for God's strength for those who lost their loved ones.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Lonewolf
Valued Member

Post by Lonewolf »

My most sincere and deepest condolecense to you and the family., may the Lord in His abundant mercy and beautiful justice, bring them to His Glory., amen
Your outward profession of having put on Christ, has as yet to put off Plato from your heart!
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

I am so very sorry to hear this mel. Such senseless loss of life! May God be with you and your family during this time of great sorrow and pain. My heart and thoughts are with you guys.

I hope she found peace in God. And I am sure she finally knows about God now. One of my Muslim uncle was murdered 8 years ago but it was only a couple of years ago, that we found in a lost private diary of his that he had accepted Christ a long time ago but on the outset he was a Muslim to the world.

You never know how deep God can find his way in our lives and hearts even if at times we are confused about his identity. I have faith that God is merciful and your cousin is basking in His glory.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
melanie
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by melanie »

Thank-you all so much, your words have helped and strengthened me. y@};- y@};-