The great debate

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
theophilus
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

The great debate

Post by theophilus »

On February 4 there will be a debate between Ken Ham, the founder of Answers in Genesis, and Bill Nye, known as "Bill Nye the Science Guy." The topic will be “Is creation a viable model of origins in today’s modern scientific era?” You can read more about it here:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/article ... ham-debate

We need to pray that God will give Ken Ham the wisdom to present the truth effectively so that others will come to believe it.
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: The great debate

Post by RickD »

theophilus wrote:
We need to pray that God will give Ken Ham the wisdom to present the truth effectively so that others will come to believe it.
:pound: sorry :pound: can't :pound: stop :pound: laughing :pound: long enough :pound: to post :pound: a response :pound:

Let's just wait until the "debate" is available, so we can judge for ourselves.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
jlay
Ultimate Member

Post by jlay »

I'm sure this will be a civil discussion from both sides. :shakehead:
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
theophilus
Valued Member

Post by theophilus »

Here is some more information about the debate.
Watching the Nye/Ham Debate Live—An Update

Because of the huge media interest in the Bill Nye/Ken Ham debate at the Creation Museum on February 4 (seats sold out in two minutes online), as well as the general buzz that has been generated nationwide about the event, the live streaming option is being put on hold as we are looking into other exciting opportunities for people to watch the debate live. Ultimately, these other possible options would allow even more people to view this historic debate.

More information will come later on how to watch the debate. Meanwhile, if you signed up for the live streaming, we thank you for your interest and please know that you will be contacted once the final arrangements have been made. (Of course, if we opt out of a streaming version, you will get a refund.)

With the debate selling out, we are committed to the very best ways by which as many people as possible can also watch the debate live.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/live/de ... s-ken-ham/
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Ken Ham presenting truth! That will be a day to remember.

Ken Ham is a divisive person, turning Christian against Christian with lies and false accusations.

This week my faith was attacked at my Church by one of his blind followers, accusing me of making Christs work on the cross ineffectual.

As per usual these debates will be a waste of time, both sides will think they have won and all this will do is add fuel to the fire of division within our Church family.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Daniel wrote:
This week my faith was attacked at my Church by one of his blind followers, accusing me of making Christs work on the cross ineffectual.
You cant be a reel cristian if you dont beleave the litral wurds that the bibul says the earth is 6000 years old and evilushunists are not reel crishuns becuz they don't beleev bibul.
Ken Ham said it! I believe it! That settles it!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Luckily Rick the Y.E.C movement is in the minority in Australia or at least in my area. It is unusual for me to run into them and most times when I do we can respect each other's position. It is more rare that I run into the unreasonable brain washed kind.
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Don't tell me you guys have never attended a Hamian... err... Christian "old earth" book burning ritual... err gathering? y[-o<
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Ken Ham presenting truth! That will be a day to remember.

Ken Ham is a divisive person, turning Christian against Christian with lies and false accusations.

As per usual these debates will be a waste of time, both sides will think they have won and all this will do is add fuel to the fire of division within our Church family.
:esad: :esad: :esad:
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

neo-x wrote:

It's ok Neo, he is misguided and talking foolishness, it is him we should feel sad for and not me. I am tough and my skin is thick, if anything he has strengthened my faith. I have spent time in prayer asking God questions and I was getting answers and I am at peace with it. From my experience people just want to belong to something and feel apart of the group and that is why we have this animosity between belief, unlike them my belief rest in Christ and Christ alone, I have no need to feel like I belong anywhere because where ever I am at I already belong to God and it is as simple as that. I feel sorry for them that they want to belong to something so badly that they cause strife and division, humans are weird.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
neo-x wrote:

It's ok Neo, he is misguided and talking foolishness, it is him we should feel sad for and not me. I am tough and my skin is thick, if anything he has strengthened my faith. I have spent time in prayer asking God questions and I was getting answers and I am at peace with it. From my experience people just want to belong to something and feel apart of the group and that is why we have this animosity between belief, unlike them my belief rest in Christ and Christ alone, I have no need to feel like I belong anywhere because where ever I am at I already belong to God and it is as simple as that. I feel sorry for them that they want to belong to something so badly that they cause strife and division, humans are weird.
My grievance is that it is dividing the church even more. And while I agree with you, many are not that level headed as you are. So I am happy for you, but sad that Xtians have to suffer this.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if

without.

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

If I may interject, you take things to a new level though Neo-x with your heretical beliefs. If I could, I'd burn some of your posts. :incense: ;)
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Kurieuo wrote:If I may interject, you take things to a new level though Neo-x with your heretical beliefs. If I could, I'd burn some of your posts. :incense: ;)
Heretical, right! :lol: and here I thought we were past the middle ages, burning and all.

without.

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

I read that burnings are sadly still common in Pakistan. :(
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

Kurieuo wrote:I read that burnings are sadly still common in Pakistan. :(
As a matter of fact it is. Christians, women, blasphemers are usually burned.

without.