Depressed and Disillusioned

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Depressed and Disillusioned

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Hi Ann

Unfortunately no but I am getting Baptised March 2, I can't wait and I am really excited. y0:)
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Hi Ann

Unfortunately no but I am getting Baptised March 2, I can't wait and I am really excited. y0:)
Enjoy the day :)
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
ChristianScientistAnn
Recognized Member

Post by ChristianScientistAnn »

Happy for you. Thanks for sharing how it's going. Evidently you are "waiting on the Lord."
Ann
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

ChristianScientistAnn wrote:Happy for you. Thanks for sharing how it's going. Evidently you are "waiting on the Lord."
Ann

I certainly am Ann, in God's time. y@};-
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
ChristianScientistAnn
Recognized Member

Daniel,
And...? :)
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

ChristianScientistAnn wrote:Daniel,
He is now happy baptized man :D
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
ChristianScientistAnn
Recognized Member

Happy for you, Daniel, since this is what you prayed for! Spiritual purity.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

I learn't so much about myself through the 2.5 year process, I learn't to be patient and understanding, But most of all I learn't to let go of pain and let go of bad feelings towards another person. I think God was teaching me a lesson through all the cancellations, I wasn't ready and he knew it. y*-:)
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:I learn't so much about myself through the 2.5 year process, I learn't to be patient and understanding, But most of all I learn't to let go of pain and let go of bad feelings towards another person. I think God was teaching me a lesson through all the cancellations, I wasn't ready and he knew it. y*-:)
Why was your water baptism so important to you?

FL y:-/
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:I learn't so much about myself through the 2.5 year process, I learn't to be patient and understanding, But most of all I learn't to let go of pain and let go of bad feelings towards another person. I think God was teaching me a lesson through all the cancellations, I wasn't ready and he knew it. y*-:)
Why was your water baptism so important to you?

FL y:-/
It was a covenant/promise I was making with God and I wanted to be baptised again because I broke my covenant/promise when I was confirmed at 16.

I wanted to rededicate my life to Jesus openly and publicly but also at the same time share my personal story in the hope that others may be impacted by it.

Edit. Also we have a tradition started by Tomo that we go to the creek to get dunked (not mandatory).
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

OK...thanks for your answer!

Who or what is Tomo? (Tomo is a Japanese restaurant here...)

FL :D
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:OK...thanks for your answer!

Who or what is Tomo? (Tomo is a Japanese restaurant here...)

FL :D
Tomo is one of my mates, cool guy and fellow crazy. :happyclap:
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Tomo is one of my mates, cool guy and fellow crazy. :happyclap:
OK...Thanks! :good:

+ + +

+ + +
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

1over137 wrote:
ChristianScientistAnn wrote:Daniel,
He is now happy baptized man :D
Hear hear! :clap:
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com