Confessing/confiding a fault (James 5:16, Galations 6:1)

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
Bradigans
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Confessing/confiding a fault (James 5:16, Galations 6:1)

Post by Bradigans »

I hope this is a place where I can confide something considered somewhat personal. I'm taking the risk because from reading certain post of different members I feel there are some bona fides around here. Oh, and plus I don't trust doctor phil's; or any of his prototypes couches. Also I would like to state that I don't belong to any sort of religious affiliation. Why should I when I believe I am the church or at least a lively stone in it (Mark 14:58, 1 Corinthians 12:13{Galations 3:27-28}, 1 Peter 2:5).

I know my body is the temple of THE HOLY GHOST (1 Corinthians 6:19)...

Now with that said I would like to say that I've grown tired of grieving THE HOLY SPIRIT (Ephesians 4:30). I can't stand or don't think I can live though anymore of the miserable manic then depressions (Psalms 119). Unlike science, I know my manic then depressions have nothing to do with a chemical imbalance, but are due to living in sin.

I love women. It doesn't matter. Black, white, yellow, saved or unsaved . Fornication is wrong and I'm tired of rationalizing.

Though I feel I'm getting better through the grace of God (Ephesians 2:8,9), I'm scared because It's so easy for me to slip right back into sin; fall from grace; and become like a peace of bread (Proverbs 6:26).

I've been delivered so many times from this and recently again. I don't want to go back this time and be guilty of connecting the temple of God to idols (2 Corinthians 6:14-18).

Sheol is a horrible place (Psalms 16:10, Acts 2:27)... I need all the prayers you bona fides can muster.. I don't know why she plays with me like this but she's again knocking at my door.

I know now that she's a hunter (Proverbs 6:26)..

Please keep me in your prayers.

--- IN CHRIST ---

Bradford
Byblos
Old School

Re: Confessing/confiding a fault (James 5:16, Galations 6:1)

Post by Byblos »

Since you're asking for prayers I went ahead and moved your post to the Prayer Requests forum.

Bradford, I won't pretend to know what you're feeling or going through but a word of caution nonetheless. Please do not discount the possibility that manic depression could be caused by a chemical imbalance and do seek professional help.

I hope you stay well and strong, you will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

It concerns me that you feel that manic depression is NOT a chemical imbalance in the brain but do to sin.
Have you been diagnosed as manic depressive?
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

Being a manic depressive, or having any mental or emotional problems, is not a fault, nor something you need to confess. Nor should you feel like there is nothing anyone can do about it, and you certainly should not believe that science is your adversary. As stated before, it is very important to get professional help. Most likely from a psychologist and perhaps from medicine or treatment if necessary.

Take my advice from experience and talk to a counselor or the like. No one wants you to feel bad or down or depressed. And while it may be true that it is important to have faith in yourself and have a true desire to get better, I implore you to understand that your aggressive feelings against science are not going to help you in any way. Talk to a neurobiologist or a psychologist. Chemical imbalances are very real and can have a severe impact on your mental health. There are plenty of other possible causes too, and to be honest we don''t know everything about the brain. But that doesn't mean that you should avoid help based on personal beliefs.

To be frank, I don't think the Bible speaks against science, or says that chemical imbalances can't hurt you. If you can't take my advice because I'm not Christian, take the advice of the Christians on this website and re-evaluate your basis for not believing in science. I could point you to plenty of people I go to school with here at my university who are absolute Christians and are studying the sciences (neuroscience in a few cases). Rejecting science is not Christian, which I think you will find with a little help and soul-searching.

Good luck to you.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female

Post by 1over137 »

Byblos wrote:Please do not discount the possibility that manic depression could be caused by a chemical imbalance and do seek professional help.
I've been through chemical imbalance (depression) myself and had to take medicine. Now it is much better. Slowly I am taking lesser and lesser doses.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Bradigans
Recognized Member

Post by Bradigans »

Byblos wrote:Since you're asking for prayers I went ahead and moved your post to the Prayer Requests forum.

Bradford, I won't pretend to know what you're feeling or going through but a word of caution nonetheless. Please do not discount the possibility that manic depression could be caused by a chemical imbalance and do seek professional help.

I hope you stay well and strong, you will be in our thoughts and prayers.
Thanks for the prayers... And help me pray for the leading and guidance of THE HOLY SPIRIT for a possibility of me seeking professional help.. As a worker in healthcare and seeing what go's on behind the scenes, I'm very skeptical when it comes to doctors.

Yet I'm open to the leading and guidance of THE HOLY SPIRIT of my great sin physician (Mark 2:17, Matthew 9:12)...

--- IN CHRIST ---

Bradford
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Ivellious »

Might I ask what makes you skeptical about doctors?
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Bradigans wrote: Thanks for the prayers... And help me pray for the leading and guidance of THE HOLY SPIRIT for a possibility of me seeking professional help.. As a worker in healthcare and seeing what go's on behind the scenes, I'm very skeptical when it comes to doctors.
I'll pray that you find the right doctor.
To the scepticism: Doctors get more money from insurance companies when they prescribe more medicine. Some doctors then prescribe medicine which people do not really need. In the worst case scenario, it can even harm the patient. I've been also through this myself. When I started to have depression again I went to a wrong doctor. I was sent to the hospital where I met another wrong doctors. They just feeded me with various medicine. I felt like a laboratory mouse. When some medicine did not help me they tried another, then another and another. It was not really a fun. I remember that as a side effect I could not sit calmly. I had to walk and walk. Fortunately, my family took me out of that horrible place. My story continues, but I only wanted to tell the part concerning meeting bad doctors. By the way, I am not the only patient having bad experience with those bunch of doctors in the hospital, eps. the prime doctor. Once someone (it was not me) sent the follwing letter to her boss-director and also to various goverment offices:

"Dear director, I officialy am giving my dismissal from the posision of the prime doctor from the reason that I myself am not longer able to recognize who is sick, and who is normal. I am very stressed and I have already enough of these psychopats."

There was also second letter sent to goverment offices. It was in the name of the prime doctor and it reads:

"Dear Mr./Mrs. In the months of November and December I am doing througout the whole country an examination. Please call me on the below mentioned telephone number. I will examine whether your are healthy or not and if not I will hospitalize you on our clinic for 8 months. It's only for your good and satisfaction of your surrounding. Do not hesitate and prepare yourself for the examination and the treatment. If you do not come voluntarily, I have experiences that patients are brought by the police, since their surrounding was complaining to the police. Best regards."

So, that was a revenge someone took.

Be careful who treats you.

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
Bradigans
Recognized Member

Post by Bradigans »

PaulSacramento wrote:It concerns me that you feel that manic depression is NOT a chemical imbalance in the brain but do to sin.
Have you been diagnosed as manic depressive?
No... Never been to a secular shrink..
Bradigans
Recognized Member

Post by Bradigans »

Ivellious wrote:Being a manic depressive, or having any mental or emotional problems, is not a fault, nor something you need to confess. Nor should you feel like there is nothing anyone can do about it, and you certainly should not believe that science is your adversary. As stated before, it is very important to get professional help. Most likely from a psychologist and perhaps from medicine or treatment if necessary.

Take my advice from experience and talk to a counselor or the like. No one wants you to feel bad or down or depressed. And while it may be true that it is important to have faith in yourself and have a true desire to get better, I implore you to understand that your aggressive feelings against science are not going to help you in any way. Talk to a neurobiologist or a psychologist. Chemical imbalances are very real and can have a severe impact on your mental health. There are plenty of other possible causes too, and to be honest we don''t know everything about the brain. But that doesn't mean that you should avoid help based on personal beliefs.

To be frank, I don't think the Bible speaks against science, or says that chemical imbalances can't hurt you. If you can't take my advice because I'm not Christian, take the advice of the Christians on this website and re-evaluate your basis for not believing in science. I could point you to plenty of people I go to school with here at my university who are absolute Christians and are studying the sciences (neuroscience in a few cases). Rejecting science is not Christian, which I think you will find with a little help and soul-searching.Good luck to you.
I underlined your statement above in regard of "rejecting science is not christian..." I don't mean to be offensive, but what would you know, you're not christian.. What does God's WORD THE BIBLE say about "so called" science?

- 1 Timothy 6:20-21 - O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

As far as the absolute christians that you say are studying the sciences. It's simple, they're not christians. There are a lot of professors professing one thing or another today.. Why? Because it looks good on their resume.

--- IN CHRIST ---

Bradford
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

I underlined your statement above in regard of "rejecting science is not christian..." I don't mean to be offensive, but what would you know, you're not christian.. What does God's WORD THE BIBLE say about "so called" science?

- 1 Timothy 6:20-21 - O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

As far as the absolute christians that you say are studying the sciences. It's simple, they're not christians. There are a lot of professors professing one thing or another today.. Why? Because it looks good on their resume.
Do you realize what inventions science has given us? I suggest you stop using your computer immediately, and repent of your sinful use of a scientific invention, you apostate!
Do you see how ridiculous this sounds? Doctors study medical sciences. They can't be Christians? Detectives study forensic science. They can't be Christian? Science teachers in schools and universities(including Christian schools), study science. They can't be Christian? Should I continue?

And, as for your comment about Ivellious not being able to know that Christians don't reject science isn't possible because he's not a Christian? I suggest you rethink that.
Science (from Latin scientia, meaning "knowledge") is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe.
Anybody can study science. And there's certainly nothing un-Christian about it!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Ivellious »

Thanks, Rick. Took the words out of my mouth.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Ivellious wrote:Thanks, Rick. Took the words out of my mouth.
Must have been while you were kissing him :harp: 8-}2 :lol:
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

a couple of interesting links:

http://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-p ... trist.html

"Another thing people often do not take into account is that God has allowed mankind to invent and develop many different kinds of medicines for healing. If a person has a true mental illness caused by hormonal or chemical imbalances in the brain, medication may be necessary. It is no different from going to a doctor to get medicine for an injury or physical illness. Similarly, God has blessed some Christian counselors and psychologists with supernatural insight, the ability to accurately evaluate a person and get to the true root of the problem. To ignore such giftedness seems unwise."

http://www.gotquestions.org/Christians-go-doctors.html

"So, should Christians go to doctors? God created us as intelligent beings and gave us the ability to create medicines and learn how to repair our bodies. There is nothing wrong with applying this knowledge and ability towards physical healing. Doctors can be viewed as God’s gift to us, a means through which God brings healing and recovery. At the same time, our ultimate faith and trust is to be in God, not in doctors or medicine. As with all difficult decisions, we should seek God who promises to give us wisdom when we ask for it (James 1:5)."
Bradigans wrote: As far as the absolute christians that you say are studying the sciences. It's simple, they're not christians. There are a lot of professors professing one thing or another today.. Why? Because it looks good on their resume.
Scientists who study science are not Christians? What's wrong on discovering how things were created? It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, but the glory of kings is to search out a matter. (Proverbs 25:2)

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Ivellious wrote:Thanks, Rick. Took the words out of my mouth.
Must have been while you were kissing him :harp: 8-}2 :lol:
Daniel, I think you may be confused. Just because all men in Australia kiss each other, that doesn't hold true for the rest of the world. :mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony