Prayers for William Lane Craig

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
DannyM
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Prayers for William Lane Craig

Post by DannyM »

His long anticipated tour of Great Britain is coming:

Start Môn 17 Oct 2011
Finish Wed 26 Oct 2011

Here’s his schedule*:

http://www.premier.org.uk/craig

Let's pray for our Brother, that he stands firm in the face of the rhetoric, and that God guides him to an emphatic victory.

God bless, Bill

*as has been the way, the schedule could change again , but let’s hope the debate with Stephen Law stands. He’s certainly had no shortage of advice from some very nervous backers…

http://stephenlaw.blogspot.com/2011/08/ ... craig.html

…who are trying to prepare Law as best they can.

You will be victorious , Bill, and you will win with style.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Reactionary

Re: Prayers for William Lane Craig

Post by Reactionary »

Sounds interesting... Keep us updated, some of us are far from the UK... :ewink:
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
narnia4
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by narnia4 »

I believe these types of events are very important, important in such a way that we may not see "the fruits of the labor" for decades. But I do believe it has a substantial impact. I'll keep it in my prayers.
Young, Restless, Reformed
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

While I do enjoy a lot of what Craig has to say, I will pray that God will get the glory, not that Craig will "win" the debate. IMO we can't overlook the ultimate reason that he is debating. I hope it is to bring glory to his God, not to win a debate with his wit, or embarrass someone he is debating.
I also pray that God will use W.L. Craig to speak to those listening who are open to the truth.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

RickD wrote:While I do enjoy a lot of what Craig has to say, I will pray that God will get the glory, not that Craig will "win" the debate. IMO we can't overlook the ultimate reason that he is debating. I hope it is to bring glory to his God, not to win a debate with his wit, or embarrass someone he is debating.
I also pray that God will use W.L. Craig to speak to those listening who are open to the truth.
Rick, of course it's about winning the debate. No-one is overlooking anything ultimate. This is a battle of worldviews, and if you don't like it then that's your prerogative. But this pseudo-pious waffle about not wanting the term “win” pronounced seems like political correctness gone mad.
Last edited by DannyM on Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Reactionary wrote:Sounds interesting... Keep us updated, some of us are far from the UK... :ewink:
Reactionary, may I ask where is Europe you are? :)
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

DannyM wrote:
RickD wrote:While I do enjoy a lot of what Craig has to say, I will pray that God will get the glory, not that Craig will "win" the debate. IMO we can't overlook the ultimate reason that he is debating. I hope it is to bring glory to his God, not to win a debate with his wit, or embarrass someone he is debating.
Rick, of course it's about winning the debate. No-one is overlooking anything ultimate. This is a battle of worldviews, and if you don't like it then that's your prerogative. But this pseudo-pious waffle about not wanting the term “win” pronounced seems like political correctness gone mad.
I understand Danny, but IMO, prayer only works when it's God's will, not man's desires. Just clarifying that. Nothing else intended. Surely not political correctness. I'm the least politically correct person I know. If you meant pray for God's glory by your statement, that's fine. Just making it clear to the ones less informed than you and I. :ewink:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Reactionary

Post by Reactionary »

DannyM wrote:
Reactionary wrote:Sounds interesting... Keep us updated, some of us are far from the UK... :ewink:
Yes, of course...

There, I updated my location. :)
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

RickD wrote:I understand Danny, but IMO, prayer only works when it's God's will, not man's desires. Just clarifying that. Nothing else intended. Surely not political correctness. I'm the least politically correct person I know. If you meant pray for God's glory by your statement, that's fine. Just making it clear to the ones less informed than you and I. :ewink:
It’s all to God’s glory, Bro.

And His will be done.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Reactionary wrote:
DannyM wrote:
Yes, of course...

There, I updated my location. :)
Ah...nice to know, Reactionary. Thank you :)
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
CeT-To

Post by CeT-To »

Yup praying for him to make a great impact on people for the glory of God. I definitely know his work helped me be firm in my faith of the existence of God more than any other person or apologist in my first few months as a christian if not even later on - as i am sure it has with others and hopefully this time too!

Yeah i think "win" is the right word - winning is what makes a great positive impact on the people. All for God's glory!!

God bless!
But joy and happiness in you to all who seek you! Let them ceaselessly cry,"Great is Yahweh" who love your saving power. Psalm 40:16

I Praise you Yahweh, my Lord, my God!!!!!
StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

Lots of prayers! May the Holy Spirit fill Mr. Craig with words of humility, truth and shocking logic ;)
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

http://www.anglicansamizdat.net/wordpre ... poster.jpg

If anyone can find the picture of Oxford buses with the slogan "There Probably is No Dawkins" then please put it up on this thread...I've seen it in my 'newsletter' from Reasonablefaith but can't get a link on it

:pound: The hypocrisy of Dawkins is unbelievable... a bit like atheism 8)
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
Grizz_1
Familiar Member

Post by Grizz_1 »

DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

Grizz_1 wrote:http://www.flickr.com/photos/t1mmyb/3247820382/ I think thats it.
Thanks, Grizz, but that's not the one. That's a Sun Newspaper campaign, I think! The picture I'm trying to find is of buses in Oxford City Centre(white single decker buses) ... still looking :)
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia