Queensland Flood

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Queensland Flood

Post by Kurieuo »

Hi All,

Don't know what is being sent around the world, but in Queensland, Australia, we've had a major flood that has devastated thousands of homes and people. (see http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/floodrelief)

Thankfully my family and I have not been directly affected. The worst of the flood has hit *hopefully*, but there is going to be much clean-up and rebuilding.

All your prayers appreciated for those affected!

Thanks.
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Queensland Flood

Post by zoegirl »

I have seen the videos!! it's awful, I will pray
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

zoegirl wrote:I have seen the videos!! it's awful, I will pray
Prayers up... And now earthquakes in California.. ;)
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
mitchco
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by mitchco »

Lets pray that from this tragedy people turn their eyes up and seek the author of life. The city of Brisbane is the third largest city in Australia . Three quarters of the state is flooded. This is Australias worst catastrophe as a nation. We pray Lord that your people in this area may be a shining light and we know that your light shines brightest in darkness.
ChrisB
Established Member

Post by ChrisB »

Will pray... y[-o<
"Materialists and madmen never have doubts." -G.K. Chesterton
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

have thing settled down there K?
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Thanks for the prayers. Floods like the ones we experienced happen every several decades.

Looks like Japan copped it heaps worse.

I'm not one to tout end times, but the world definitely seems to be falling apart more and more with natural disasters.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Some of that has to do with both the population of the world increasing and population expanding into a greater percentage of the earth's surface and the vast improvement of instant communications and news coverage. That said, it does seem we're experiencing many things on a larger scale that I've seen through the course of my life.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

There have been so many occurrences now of natural disasters. So many that I lost count.. I believe that more bad is on the horizon.

What that, prayers for Queensland.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
madscientist
Valued Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by madscientist »

Kurieuo wrote:Thanks for the prayers. Floods like the ones we experienced happen every several decades.

Looks like Japan copped it heaps worse.

I'm not one to tout end times, but the world definitely seems to be falling apart more and more with natural disasters.
Well... there's been a LOT of bad stuff e.g. natural disasters happening lately. to be honest i stopped watching the news because all it would do to me is to make me even more depressed :( perhaps a bit ignorant of me, but well...

Not the end times yet? some suggest otherwise... for example you may check the link below (a thread I had started earlier)... pretty much based on 1 book, but its ideas can be supported elsewhere...

http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 13&t=35973

And here's the mentioned author's website:

http://www.fastlanetoheaven.com

Ned Dougherty was told we should form prayer groups and that that is the way to save the world. I wish I could pray more, but any prayer really would be helpful... perhaps a new thread on "world issues" would not be a bad idea, and then "prayer groups" could somehow be formed...

Any ideas? :)
"Love is only possible if a choice of either love or rejecting the love is given." One of the most true things id ever heard, not so long ago.

-MMS-