Very cool example of answered prayer

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Very cool example of answered prayer

Post by cslewislover »

I saw a video at church, from Biola University, about how they wanted to build a new theological building but didn't have the funds. They decided to do a campus-wide fast for a month. By the end of the month, they received over $6.4 million. Truly amazing! Here's a write-up about it.

http://www.talbot.edu/read/article/2010 ... -ceremony/
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Male

Re: Very cool example of answered prayer

Post by Gabrielman »

:clap: Bravo! The power of prayer is truly amazing! It is very inspiring to see when God moves!
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
sinnerbybirth
Established Member

Post by sinnerbybirth »

Sweet! Franklin graham calls this "GOD room" in one of his books. I think its "rebel with a cause"
You have to give GOD room to work.
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

:P Praise God, huh?

But then I start thinking about how I wish I knew some people like that (totally loaded), lol, which is then not a great thought . . . lol.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

Just testing. So, is the board down for regular members and not mods, or what? If any regular member see this, try to post and we'll see!
sinnerbybirth
Established Member

Post by sinnerbybirth »

Boo!
cslewislover
Ultimate Member

Post by cslewislover »

:lol: Well, the message is gone now, that the board is down. Lol. It was so dead.

Still is . . .
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

Very cool, indeed. When you read the schools doctrinal statement and history, there is little doubt as to why God would so bless a school.
Enrollment grew rapidly under the direction of Biola's first dean, R.A. Torrey (1911–1925).
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious