Prayers for my sister

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Prayers for my sister

Post by August »

Thank you for all your prayers. Hard as it may be for us here, she is at peace with our Lord, and now lives in the home He made for us all. Still hard to think my big sister is gone though.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

August wrote:Thank you for all your prayers. Hard as it may be for us here, she is at peace with our Lord, and now lives in the home He made for us all. Still hard to think my big sister is gone though.
You have my condolences John.. I pray that you will see her again in paradise.. y@};-

You will...
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
DannyM
Ultimate Member

Post by DannyM »

August wrote:She has gone to be with our Father.
I am so sorry to hear this, August. May she rest, at peace with God. Please accept my prayers for you and your family.
credo ut intelligam

dei gratia
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Gman wrote:
August wrote:She has gone to be with our Father.
John.. I'm very very sorry to hear this.. I missed your post. So sad... :crying:

You've really been through a lot lately... My prayers are for you and your family.. y@};-
My prayers are for you and your family...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

My heart-felt condolences for your great loss John. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

After Vicky's prompting, I've been doing some catch-up on the prayer requests. Sorry I missed this! I pray you and your family are coping/continuing to cope.

I so look forward to being reunited with love ones in Christ hereafter!
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Post by zoegirl »

That always gets me, too....thinking that I will be with them later.

I actually like the New Orleans way of having a funeral....a slow, mournful music in the beginning to say farewell but joyful music after (even jazz). I know it might have secualr influences but I like the reminder that this is simply a pause in the program, so to speak...
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
ChrisB
Established Member

Post by ChrisB »

I'm sorry for your loss August. I pray that the Lord's Spirit may comfort you and your family.

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." Psalm 147:3
"Materialists and madmen never have doubts." -G.K. Chesterton
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Kurieuo wrote:After Vicky's prompting, I've been doing some catch-up on the prayer requests. Sorry I missed this! I pray you and your family are coping/continuing to cope.

:) :sunny:

August, how is everyone doing?
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
August
Old School

Post by August »

cslewislover wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:After Vicky's prompting, I've been doing some catch-up on the prayer requests. Sorry I missed this! I pray you and your family are coping/continuing to cope.

:) :sunny:

August, how is everyone doing?
We are slowly getting used to life without her. It is still hard, but then again, one has to move on and look forward to the joyful reunion.
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

sinnerbybirth
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by sinnerbybirth »

August, sorry I missed this post. I can't even begin to imagine what your family is going through. I'm very sorry for your loss you are experiencing. I will keep you and your family in my prayers brother.

GOD Bless
August
Old School

Post by August »

Thanks sbb. It has been a tough 18 months, first my dad, and then my sister passed away. Every time you think that you cannot possibly learn more about God, you are humbled by His love, and the strength He freely gives at times like these. I had to preach at my dad's cremation service, and I would never have been able to even get the courage to get up and talk without that power from far beyond me.

The many prayers over the difficult times really help, it feels like it is a "multiplier" for the Spirit.

ryeguy123
Familiar Member

Post by ryeguy123 »

god bless you and your sister