Needing Spiritual Help

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
zoegirl
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Needing Spiritual Help

Post by zoegirl »

Well, it's good thing you know now :esurprised:

Still tough, though
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
WConn
Established Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by WConn »

zoegirl wrote:Well, it's good thing you know now :esurprised:

Still tough, though
Zoegirl, true. Better to learn late than never.

W
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

WConn wrote:
ageofknowledge wrote:I can speak from my experience and share my opinions. I never said having a measure of sensitivity was mutually exclusive from being a man who takes on the leadership role in their relationships with women. You said I said that. I never did. What I said was to love women but be a man and take the leadership role with them. I also attempted to point out to this man that the guy who acts like a chick with women or a beta male who lets himself get used by them or puts himself into a submissive role with them isn't the one I've observed them choosing. They say things like "you'll find the right person someday" and then choose the alpha male that turns them on and generates sparks. And no that's not mr. sensitivity who spends all his time devaluing his position before them as if he has no life of his own. Most women want a strong alpha male as a rule. In fact, most women want the leader of the pack if they can get him. That's what I've observed. There is no anger. There is no bitterness. There is no relational pain with the opposite sex. I have my opinion based on my observations and experience and every right to express it even if you disagree. I never spoke for you. I spoke my mind. 8)
Age,

You seem to be suggesting that I might be a wimp? Well, for the record, I am a Vietnam Vet with 1000 hours of combat flying time under my belt. I am a patch holder in a motorcycle club, I am licensed to carry a weapon and I don't mind throwing a few fists if the situation warrants it. I don't make these an upfront issue in my life with women, but the evidence is clearly there. At the same time I try to show some sensitivity. When we are on the bike, I am in charge as I am in many other areas of my life. Life with others is a compromise though. Yes women say they want the sensitive type and those who have experienced the true bad boy quickly understand that he is not what they are looking for either. It has always amazed me though how some continue to go to the bad boy time and time again, only to experience the negative aspects of someone like that. I consider myself a true compromise but I have gotten over being the hard assed type.

You are entitled to your opinion as am I and the women on this board.

W
Actually I had no idea of course. But I meet so many men today in America that were raised by single mothers without the benefit of a father. Them I like to encourage in this regard as it is often a big gaping hole in their makeup and often they are not even aware of it. YOU; however, are WAY ahead of the curve. I'm a veteran myself but enlisted not officer. Glad to hear you have that together. I think a veterans Bible study, a weekly meeting at Christians Helping Our World, or a Christian Men's fellowship would really be of benefit to you. Just my opinion. Peace.
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by ageofknowledge »

Again friend, it would be a benefit for you to be a committed part of a Christian men's fellowship imo. Peace.