Speeding ticket

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
Swamper
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Speeding ticket

Post by Swamper »

So I was on the interstate tonight and I got pulled over for speeding (72 in a 55, but the cop was nice and put down 60). Please pray that I get a job so that I can, you know, pay the ticket. :ebiggrin:
God's in his Heaven, all's right with the world.
zoegirl
Old School
Sex: Female

Re: Speeding ticket

Post by zoegirl »

Wow, I surprised he was willing to downgrade it that much!!

I would encourage you to go and simply throw yourself on the mercy of the judge (of dependig on when you received other tickets). YOu might get off with simply paying the court charges, only perhaps 30-40 dollars instead of 100 or over with no points.

If it's been a long time since you've had a ticket, usually you would get a PBJ. IN MD we have what is called "guilty with an explanation" where essentially you can simply go before the judge. Most want to dismiss them quickly. It's the points you really want to avoid.
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
Swamper
Valued Member

Post by Swamper »

Well, the officer said that if I pay for the ticket on time, it won't put points on my license...I'm supposed to call in about a week to see how much it will cost...
zoegirl
Old School

Post by zoegirl »

Hmm, in MD paying the ticket without presenting yourself in the traffic court means that you open yourself up to them giving you the full consequence.

Although the fact that he brought it down to 60 in a 55 (really that is a strange amount) perhaps that is why you wouldn't get points. Guess it depends on the state!
"And we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Jesus Christ"
cslewislover
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by cslewislover »

Hmmm, yeah, I'd try to find out more before paying it. Here, you can take a one-day driving class and avoid the points, but you still have to pay the ticket. But it might end up being best to go before the judge, as Zoe suggested. You should try to find out somehow. I'm not sure if calling the insurance co. would be helpful, I mean with that kind of information.

So your vehicle can go that fast, huh?
"I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis
Swamper
Valued Member

Post by Swamper »

It sure can. Kind of surprising, considering it's a minivan, and an automatic at that!