Prayer for a dear friend

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Prayer for a dear friend

Post by August »

I have learnt that a close friend may have advanced bone-marrow cancer. He has been hiding this from everyone for the last 4 years, but now it is starting to show in his everyday life, so he came clean earlier this week. The prognosis is not good, currently it stands that he has between six months and a year left. He just recently married his childhood sweetheart after 20 years of having gone different ways, and he has 3 children from a previous marriage.

Please pray for my friend Kerry.

Thanks

August
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

This hits close to me for many reasons.

I will pray. If I can help with information or interaction as well as a cancer survivor and chaplain, let me know.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Byblos
Old School

Re: Prayer for a dear friend

Post by Byblos »

That's terrible news August. Your friend's in my prayers.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Swamper
Valued Member

Post by Swamper »

I shall pray for your friend.
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

I will pray too. God is still a God of miracles.

* Father please touch this one and heal him, as we know that you can do all things if it is your will. We lift him up in the name of your precious Son. amen.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Judah
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by Judah »

OK, me too. 8)
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

Yeah count me in. 8)
jakelo
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Post by jakelo »

I, too, will be praying for your friend.
August
Old School

Post by August »

Friends,

Thank you for you prayers and support. My friend cannot receive any further treatment, because his immune system is too weak. He is in constant pain, but rarely complains. We are focusing on getting his family taken care of, so please add them to your prayers.

God bless.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

August wrote:Friends,

Thank you for you prayers and support. My friend cannot receive any further treatment, because his immune system is too weak. He is in constant pain, but rarely complains. We are focusing on getting his family taken care of, so please add them to your prayers.

God bless.
Ouch. Prayers going up on my end daily for you and your friend August.

Hang in there for him, and his family. I'm praying God gives you wisdom for your part in all of this. It is not easy for anyone.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Judah
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by Judah »

I was just about to post a question for you August, as to how your friend is doing.
Great minds and all that!

I am sorry to hear about the constant pain. I will certainly keep him in my prayers, plus all the family.
Please keep updating us here on what is happening.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

God bless.

Is it cruel or heartless to pray for his suffering to end, whatever that entails? I remember watching my father agonize more than any human should bear, before he succumbed to lung cancer at 53 (I was 16 at the time). I also remember wishing, hoping, praying he'd die already and how confused I was for even suggesting such a thing to God.

August, I pray that your friend suffer no more, however God sees fit to accomplish that. I pray that you and his family are spared the agony of watching your friend suffer. May the Lord be with him, his family, and with you in these trying times.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Byblos wrote:

God bless.

Is it cruel or heartless to pray for his suffering to end, whatever that entails? I remember watching my father agonize more than any human should bear, before he succumbed to lung cancer at 53 (I was 16 at the time). I also remember wishing, hoping, praying he'd die already and how confused I was for even suggesting such a thing to God.

August, I pray that your friend suffer no more, however God sees fit to accomplish that. I pray that you and his family are spared the agony of watching your friend suffer. May the Lord be with him, his family, and with you in these trying times.
I've never felt comfortable praying for someone to die.

I have in many circumstances asked for God's will and asked for God to grant someone peace without praying for healing when it appears to be that human hope has passed.

Life is a gift from God and it is up to God to make that determination.

My thoughts anyway. I've sure been tempted though at times. With my own father, despite the issues I had with him throughout my life, I spent many of his final days with him and it was hard to watch.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Canuckster1127 wrote: I've never felt comfortable praying for someone to die.

I have in many circumstances asked for God's will and asked for God to grant someone peace without praying for healing when it appears to be that human hope has passed.

My thoughts anyway. I've sure been tempted though at times. With my own father, despite the issues I had with him throughout my life, I spent many of his final days with him and it was hard to watch.
Hence my confusion. Thanks Bart.

Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Byblos wrote:
Canuckster1127 wrote: I've never felt comfortable praying for someone to die.

Hence my confusion. Thanks Bart.
A very human response and one which I believe God understands in terms of our inner conflict.