Job Opportunity

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Security job opening

Post by FFC »

Hi guys,
There is a New security job opening at lockheed Martin that I'm going for. I've been in Security for about 13 years so I have the experience. I'm not going anywhere where I am. I just ask for prayer that if this is God's will He will make things happen, and if it isn't that it won't. The last job I applied for there they filled in-house. I hope this one is open to the outside.

Thanks
John
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Security job opening

Post by Canuckster1127 »

FFC wrote:Hi guys,
There is a New security job opening at lockheed Martin that I'm going for. I've been in Security for about 13 years so I have the experience. I'm not going anywhere where I am. I just ask for prayer that if this is God's will He will make things happen, and if it isn't that it won't. The last job I applied for there they filled in-house. I hope this one is open to the outside.

Thanks
John
Good luck and prayers are going up.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Byblos
Old School

Re: Security job opening

Post by Byblos »

FFC wrote:Hi guys,

Thanks
John
Done.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
FFC

Post by FFC »

I'm so Sorry. I must have hit post reply instead of new post.

Sorry, Jac, I didn't mean to hijack your post. :oops:
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

bizzt
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

FFC wrote:I'm so Sorry. I must have hit post reply instead of new post.

Just splitted the post for ya FFC.
:wink:
May the Lord Bless you on your Endeavour
FFC

Post by FFC »

bizzt wrote:
FFC wrote:I'm so Sorry. I must have hit post reply instead of new post.

Just splitted the post for ya FFC.
:wink:
May the Lord Bless you on your Endeavour
Thanks on both counts, Bizzt.

FFC

Post by FFC »

Just thought I'd share an update to testify of how God is working in this job thing. I'm at work and I checked my home answering machine. A gentleman from Lockheed Martin left a message for me letting me know that he got my resume and wanted to talk to me about the positions that were open there. God is working. Thanks for your prayers!

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

FFC wrote:Just thought I'd share an update to testify of how God is working in this job thing. I'm at work and I checked my home answering machine. A gentleman from Lockheed Martin left a message for me letting me know that he got my resume and wanted to talk to me about the positions that were open there. God is working. Thanks for your prayers!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you (my mental fingers of prayer that is, otherwise I won't be able to accomplish anything today :wink:).
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
FFC

Post by FFC »

Byblos wrote:
FFC wrote:Just thought I'd share an update to testify of how God is working in this job thing. I'm at work and I checked my home answering machine. A gentleman from Lockheed Martin left a message for me letting me know that he got my resume and wanted to talk to me about the positions that were open there. God is working. Thanks for your prayers!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you (my mental fingers of prayer that is, otherwise I won't be able to accomplish anything today :wink:).
I had the interview from hell today, which apparently will be the first of many. I was put in a room with 5 security representatives. One asked me about 50 questions of the personal nature which seem easy on the surface but aren't, while the other 4 sat and stared at me and took notes.

This took me completely off guard. I was so nervous I felt like I was going to forget my own name. The answers I gave them sounded stupid coming out of my mouth. I left there feeling so humiliated. I wish they could have been in my car on the way home because I was giving all the right answers in there.

Oh well. I hope they took into account my nervousness, because right now I'm not so sure about this job.

Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

FFC wrote:
Byblos wrote:
I had the interview from hell today, which apparently will be the first of many. I was put in a room with 5 security representatives. One asked me about 50 questions of the personal nature which seem easy on the surface but aren't, while the other 4 sat and stared at me and took notes.

This took me completely off guard. I was so nervous I felt like I was going to forget my own name. The answers I gave them sounded stupid coming out of my mouth. I left there feeling so humiliated. I wish they could have been in my car on the way home because I was giving all the right answers in there.

Oh well. I hope they took into account my nervousness, because right now I'm not so sure about this job.
The interview was designed to make you feel that way to observe you under pressure.

Let go and wait and see. I suspect you did better than you think.

;)
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
FFC

Post by FFC »

:)

FFC

Post by FFC »

Canuckster1127 wrote:
FFC wrote:
Byblos wrote:

The interview was designed to make you feel that way to observe you under pressure.

Let go and wait and see. I suspect you did better than you think.

;)
Thanks. someone else told me the same thing but I wasn't sure. I have been depressed ever since i walked out of that room, but now I feel some hope returning. Thanks again. :)

August
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

Hi FFC,

As someone who regularly interviews and hires, I can tell you that they most likely employed a type of pressure technique to see how you react. Presumably, if you are in a security environment, they would expect you to be observant, decisive and sure of yourself, even if your decision can be criticized with the benefit of hindsight. It is probably more a question of looking for characteristics that they can develop, and not necessarily the right answers. Making the right decision is something that can be learned, the ability to act quickly and confidently is more of a character trait.

So I would not worry to much about the content of your answers. One always thinks of better answers afterwards.

God bless.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
FFC

Post by FFC »

August wrote:Hi FFC,

As someone who regularly interviews and hires, I can tell you that they most likely employed a type of pressure technique to see how you react. Presumably, if you are in a security environment, they would expect you to be observant, decisive and sure of yourself, even if your decision can be criticized with the benefit of hindsight. It is probably more a question of looking for characteristics that they can develop, and not necessarily the right answers. Making the right decision is something that can be learned, the ability to act quickly and confidently is more of a character trait.

So I would not worry to much about the content of your answers. One always thinks of better answers afterwards.

God bless.
Thanks, August, I appreciate the info, especially from someone on the inside. I'm very hard on myself and walking into that room with virtually no idea of what was coming was very stressful. I think I came across as much more calm than I was on the inside.

FFC

Post by FFC »

Just wanted to give you an update on my job interview situation. I had two jobs in my sights and hadn't heard from either one for a couple of weeks. Ironically, yesterday, I recieved a nice rejection letter from the one job and a nice rejection in person from the other.

At least I got all the rejections out of the way in one day. :lol: Oh well, God is soveriegn and knows what is best for me.

Thanks for your prayers