New Job/God's will

Post all your prayer requests and responses here.
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

New Job/God's will

Post by FFC »

I know in the whole scheme of things this is a pretty inconsequential prayer, and i don't want to sound selfish, but here goes.

I praise God that I have a job, but right now I'm stuck in a job that I don't like and is going nowhere. The benefits are terrible, I have to work every holiday, overtime is virtually nil, and my boss is a micro manager. On top of all that I have just been told that I have to go from the day shift (7-3) to the 2nd shift (3-11). This will mean that i won't be able to go to my small group bible study on wednesday nights and I will only be able to spend time with my girlfriend on the weekends.

Could you please pray that God will make His will known to me? Whether it's the contentment to stay where I am as long as He wants or to open something new and better. I just want God to be glorified.

Thanks in advance to whoever would so kindly pray for me.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: New Job/God's will

Post by Canuckster1127 »

FFC wrote:I know in the whole scheme of things this is a pretty inconsequential prayer, and i don't want to sound selfish, but here goes.

I praise God that I have a job, but right now I'm stuck in a job that I don't like and is going nowhere. The benefits are terrible, I have to work every holiday, overtime is virtually nil, and my boss is a micro manager. On top of all that I have just been told that I have to go from the day shift (7-3) to the 2nd shift (3-11). This will mean that i won't be able to go to my small group bible study on wednesday nights and I will only be able to spend time with my girlfriend on the weekends.

Could you please pray that God will make His will known to me? Whether it's the contentment to stay where I am as long as He wants or to open something new and better. I just want God to be glorified.

FFC. You are definitely in my prayers. I've just gone through a season of searching in this area myself and am now in a new job in the fourth week. Along the way, I had to pray hard and also decide what I believe God wanted for me as well as what I wanted.

For me, it has resulted in a career switch and next week I begin a Master's program to continue to support that new direction.

It is hard and scary to contemplate change in this and many other areas. Listen to what your own heart is telling you. Pray and ask God to change your heart to what He wants. Then put some prayerful action to whatr comes out of that and trust God for the results. It likely will be something not precisely like what you think or wish it would be. But where God is on the throne and in the midst of the process, it may well become more than you ever imagined it could.

Bart
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
August
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

FFC, trust God and call on Him. Also, I encourage you to explore other opportunities. If we cannot glorify God by doing our day jobs, then we are in the wrong place. You will know when you find the right job. Be patient, and it will come.

God bless.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
FFC

Post by FFC »

FFC. You are definitely in my prayers. I've just gone through a season of searching in this area myself and am now in a new job in the fourth week. Along the way, I had to pray hard and also decide what I believe God wanted for me as well as what I wanted.

For me, it has resulted in a career switch and next week I begin a Master's program to continue to support that new direction.

It is hard and scary to contemplate change in this and many other areas. Listen to what your own heart is telling you. Pray and ask God to change your heart to what He wants. Then put some prayerful action to whatr comes out of that and trust God for the results. It likely will be something not precisely like what you think or wish it would be. But where God is on the throne and in the midst of the process, it may well become more than you ever imagined it could.

Bart
Thank you Bart for your prayers and encouraging words.
FFC

Post by FFC »

FFC, trust God and call on Him. Also, I encourage you to explore other opportunities. If we cannot glorify God by doing our day jobs, then we are in the wrong place. You will know when you find the right job. Be patient, and it will come.
Thanks, August. I appreciate that.
Byblos
Old School

Re: New Job/God's will

Post by Byblos »

FFC wrote:I know in the whole scheme of things this is a pretty inconsequential prayer, and i don't want to sound selfish, but here goes.

It may be inconsequential to others but to you it is a big deal. You have already put your trust in God and I have no doubt He will guide you onto the right path; just keep trusting in him. You are in my prayers.
FFC

Post by FFC »

It may be inconsequential to others but to you it is a big deal. You have already put your trust in God and I have no doubt He will guide you onto the right path; just keep trusting in him. You are in my prayers.
Thank you, Byblos.
bizzt
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

Ecc 3:1 For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven:
Ecc 3:2 a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
FFC

Post by FFC »

bizzt wrote:Ecc 3:1 For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven:
Ecc 3:2 a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
It is a comfort to know that everything is in God's plan and on His time table. Thanks.