Who was in the garden with Adam & Eve?

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
jerickson314
Established Member
Christian: No

Re: who was there with Adam and Eve?

Post by jerickson314 »

poipounder wrote:My Jewish friends say that with no one alive for millions of years while the earth was being formed, there would be no eyewitnesses to the 6 or 7 day creation story.
You'll find that many of us here accept "old earth creationism", the view that the 6 or 7 creation "days" are long periods of time (on the order of millions or billions of years) but that the creation story is literally true. Obviously there were no eyewitnesses. We believe God revealed to Moses what He did, and Moses recorded it.
Strix
Recognized Member

Re: who was there with Adam and Eve?

Post by Strix »

I've seen very little Scripture quoted on this forum so I thought I would contribute:

ANGELS HAVE CHOICE

Jude 6
"And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgement of the great day." Abandonment is without force; it is a choice.

2 Peter 2:4
"For if God did not spare angels when they sinned..." Sinning is certainly an act of volition.

SATAN'S FALL FROM GRACE
Building on the fact that humans are not the only created beings with choice:

1 Timothy 3:6
(speaking of elders)"... and not a new convert, so that he will not become conceited and fall into the condemnation incurred by the devil."(NASB) This seems to suggest that Satan became too big for his britches, and by choice sinned, in much the same way as a young elder might think more of himself than he really is.

Proverbs 2:6
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by Felgar »

We have discussed angels having choice before... Can't remember where. But I do agree Strix.

And it's nice to see someone else who reads through a whole page of arguing and wonders why no one's posted a scripture yet. :D