Reincarnation

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
Anonymous

Reincarnation

Post by Anonymous »

I was recently reading a site that states reincarnation is supported in the Bible. Granted this site is quite strange, but it did bring up some interesting questions regarding this topic.

http://www.reluctant-messenger.com/rein ... verses.htm

Any thoughts?
Poetic_Soul
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by Poetic_Soul »

Once appionted man to die;......then comes judgement.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

Those verses are....saying nothing of the sort...

Just gonna mention the most interesting:
"He chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blemish in his sight and love." (Ephesians 1:4)
They seem to twist the verses that say God sees the future into "REINCARNATION!"
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
Poetic_Soul
Established Member

Post by Poetic_Soul »

REINCARNATION is a false sense of hope without needing a SAVIOR. If I mess up, I'll just get it right in my next life. We are not promised tomorrow. "Eat and drink, for tomorrow we die". The bible clearly says;...today is the day of salvation.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

What about the Elijah one..that's actually there strongest case.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

One man's reincarnation does not mean we all reincarnate.
Are you threatening me Master Skeptic?
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

vvart wrote:What about the Elijah one..that's actually there strongest case.
Elijah?? What one is that? John the Baptist? Just because one has the spirit of Elijah it does not mean the Soul of Elijah came back.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Reincarnation is generally misunderstood, but yeah i agree with Mastermind on this one.
voicingmaster
Established Member

Post by voicingmaster »

Reincarnation is a bunch of hooey. It's been proven false. I mean, how could the population increase if that was true?

Also, if God did do reincarnaation, that would pretty much make Jesus's sacrifice pointless.
Mastermind
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Mastermind »

Just because souls reincarnate does not mean that new ones cannot be created or that all souls are reincarnated on earth ;)
Are you threatening me Master Skeptic?
The edge
Established Member

Post by The edge »

I get this wacky ideas that people who didn't had a chance to hear would be reincarnated till they heard the gospel & is responsible for their own spiritual fate.
Thus when technology reach every corner of the world & the message is available to all, all would have heard & reincarnation done away & that when jugdement day occurs.
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

The edge wrote:I get this wacky ideas that people who didn't had a chance to hear would be reincarnated till they heard the gospel & is responsible for their own spiritual fate.
Thus when technology reach every corner of the world & the message is available to all, all would have heard & reincarnation done away & that when jugdement day occurs.
Personally I think Paul does a much better job of dealing with those who haven't heard than considering reincarnation.

Romans 1:18-20
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
j316
Established Member

Post by j316 »

I don,t think scripture either affirms or rejects reincarnation, but I agree with vvart and mastermind. I don't see anything inherently heretical about the concept of a soul or spirit reappearing on earth after an absence.
The real problem with reincarnation as a means of salvation is that it isn't going to be you who comes back. The spirit that you are a manifestation of may return, but if it goes through the birth process it will be another person, doing you not much good at all.
Jesus promises you eternal life.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

He will come again in Glory to Judge the Living and the "Dead".

He will not be judging the vessel of flesh but the the very soul of the individual?

Will he not?

One must possess a certain level of psuedo consciousness to be judged and therefore do our souls become reincarnated or never die?

Will or can he Judge a dead soul?

Reincarnation of the physical world may be different of the spiritual world and thus leads me to believe reincarnation is real but limited to the choice made by god himself - as to when - where & why.
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

Michael wrote:One must possess a certain level of psuedo consciousness to be judged and therefore do our souls become reincarnated or never die?
Simply, they never die.